BU Reviews: UT3 Bonus Pack 1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Apparently no one who should be receiving a paycheck ... that's for sure. Hell Epic knows they could hire me and I would do a much better job doing QA ... its what I know better than anything since I was a SQA/Network Test Engineer for many years working with top tier companies like Nortel Networks, Oracle, Novell, and many other tech firms located in the Silicon Valley area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYrlzEUuBIM

;)

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Oh. yea? Well I climbed Mt. Everest in my jockey shorts with a dagger between my teeth and hemorrhoids!

o_rly.jpg

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Oh. yea? Well I climbed Mt. Everest in my jockey shorts with a dagger between my teeth and hemorrhoids!

Free = Good. The maps are quality and they are a lot of fun.

I didn't say anything about them not being fun ... and free does not always equal good ... are you kidding me? :lol: I'm not saying that in this case its not good ... of course when you are dealing with UT the more content the better but in general that is just not a true statement 100% of the time and so its not a true statement from an analytical perspective. You missed my point totally in any event if that is the only thing you have to say.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
One could argue that if enough people use it "wrong" it no longer is wrong but becomes the new meaning.

Most of our language evolves by applying the meaning of something to something new, not by misusing an understood meaning.

I quote http://www.begthequestion.info :

Shouldn't we accept that words change in meaning over time?
True, words like "cool" and "gay" gained new meaning via a process of modern association with their understood meanings, but BTQ abuse rises from a misunderstanding of its original use. It would be as though people started using "the die is cast" to mean dying, simply because the word "die" is in there, without any knowledge of Caesar. Is there any idiom -- not a single word, but a full phrase -- whose meaning has changed over the years, simply by virtue of its being misunderstood by the linguistically inept or the historically ignorant?
Applying a word to something new is one thing, reinventing the meaning of a phrase because you don't know what it has historically meant is another.​

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Personally I like the new style a lot... minus the one minor issue I discussed in the UT3 forums.

Clark Kent

Right away Lois !!!
May 10, 2002
San Jose, CA.
www.excessiveut.com
Decent work. I wish they would fix the window-portals, they go black after a while. They start like a window to where you will come out but then go black after a few minutes. We need WAY more CTF content but the pack is nice work IMO.

Vhyndikator

Man of the Sea
Mar 2, 2008
Yeah, I'd say it's a fairly balanced review, although I don't think Searchlight is worth the wank that you're all talking about. Its a decent level, yes, and maybe I haven't played it enough to figure, but it reminds me a lot of UT2004's haphazard style. Oh well, still a great map pack (and although it's overplayed, i love Face.:D)