Cheater back in inf again..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
the loser who uses 2 connections and ghost other players is back again ...he uses the Alias "FlimZZ" ( i think it was) and ozzyx ..and some other random **** names who you easy can pick out which

mabuse needs to check the logg and ban this poor bastard ip again

05-10-06 03.00 - 03.40 GMT +1 (around) was he online

when ozzyx nade himself and then flim random nade at me (but fails to kill me) and i say he sucks , then next round ozzyx tries to tk me with nades and flim (camps ofcourse) starts shooting before i come around the corner with 200 ping (duke style) and then they vote next map without talking to eachother and they both have to dl the map and enter at same time ... something is wrong

this is really sad to see ppl doing like this..

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
The last time this was brought up (with different nicks) we checked log and the two accused had different IP's - which makes it very unlikely. It was more somebody suiciding for fun :hmm:

But FOOL should check the logs...

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
If he has that much time on his hands it wouldn't be that hard to use a hub and two IPs. Check the host info, not sure if you can get it, but if its the same node chances are its the same comp.

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
I had to ban them from Server.cat. I wish I took a demo because it was the most clear-cut example you could possibly get. It'd be good for the admins to see.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
fun times. Kitty and I had some good laughs.

SG TDM server, Friday 21.10.2005 around 18:00 EST

I got an IP as he connected to the GD server afterward or Odie can get the IP from SG IIRC. He is the only who ever played on GD from this A Class IPv4 Address :)

Two very hilarious demorecs. Just watch them as on player kills himself to ghost and I hide. His nades are about as good to find us as duke's nades ;)
cheatingdouble.zip

This line also catched my eye... :)
Shot0152.jpg

hara

Where's my backup?
Aug 24, 2004
If I'd be as bad throwing nades as the cheater is, I'd might use another computer for aimhelp purposes, too. :lol:

Is there anything we can do, except banning the IP for another time? No? Well, lets go on with our (nearly) daily DTAS-Routine...

Kitty.cat

Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
The cheater outright confessed to what he was doing. It was a strange day. What bothers me is that you can't prevent it from ever happening again. But make sure you watch for this. The guy always signs on with two stupid names.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
12.221.*.* worked before. He's been doing it since early 2.86, since I was running the TnX Infiltration server, if it's the same guy. He was the main reason why I pushed for establishing the very first private admin forum. So yes, he's been doing it for years, and I honestly can't believe he's still allowed to get away with it.

Generally, I can understand the hesitation to ban IP ranges, but if that's what it takes, that's what you gotta do. The alternative is to check in every 30 minutes or so whenever there's people on your server. I'd imagine every server admin would do their damndest to make sure people have fun on their server. Allowing one prick to destroy the fun is, in my opinion, not acceptable if there's anything, anything at all to be done with it.

Geo, how many people with an IP starting with 12. or 12.221 have you had playing on your server? Back in my server admin-days he was the only one. The server I was running was in Europe though. Could be that things are different "over the pond". Like I said, banning 12.221.*.* worked. I never saw him again and I had no complaints from players not being able to connect.

Edit : By the way, I traced his IP to Toronto, Canada back in the days, if I remember it correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitty.cat

Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
I think Nuke has a really good idea. But is that sort of thing possible? I can imagine so...

By the way, I tried to watch the video (yeah I know I was there and don't REALLY need to see it, but I'd like to watch it anyway) and it crashed INF saying I didn't have UTDC. I'm on a Mac, there is no UTDC "player is on an incompatible OS." Any way around this? Or do I just need to borrow a friend's PC for it :p

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
geogob said:
Two very hilarious demorecs..
Trying to run geo's mutie infested demo's inf crashed 4 times. When i check my logs i see heaps of muties i need to have present. ;) Both those ambientglowfix muties, an older dtas. I was forced to download the gd mutiepack! Now for my next try...

Kitty.cat

Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
Please get on banning this kid. He was on FOOL server today. He stuck around until all the euros went to sleep. It was just me and him, and he showed absolutely no remorse. "Think of it as a challenge," he said.