Feedback on patch 1a

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jurai

Dec 14, 2004
If you make the sniper rifle inaccurate in non-zoom then rangers will all but disappear and the amount of "anger-filled" posts that these forums would receive would be off the charts. The rifle is the main weapon of a ranger and no matter what anyone says, you cannot effectively fight, especially in clan matches, with the sniper rifle in zoom mode. Doing such a thing is simply asking for trouble.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
Sir_Brizz said:
2) Triple jumping still works.
And so it should :p - It's just a wall jump... XMP style :)
Sir_Brizz said:
2) Sniper does too much damage. One shot kill to other Rangers (body shot), one shot kill to tech (body shot, IF the Tech is hurt at all), two shot kill to Gunner (body shot).
??? Sniper rifle takes 2 body shots to kill another ranger... As gaia said - the sniper rifle is sooo useful in scrims - Making it not abe to zoom whilst moving will only encourage lame camping tw4ts... And that i'm sure you would find even more annoying brizz :p
Guyver1 said:
1. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - fix the bloody awful hacking beam
never have i seen something so awful. it doesnt align, it looks like the space invaders game is comming out my body.
PLEASE use the UT2004 secondary link gun beam (in the same manner that its used to charge nodes in Onslaught) it locks onto the generator so even if u move around slightly the beam bends and moves like it does in UT2004.
Quality idea :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Triple jumping was supposed to be removed. I was simply reporting that it wasn't.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
Removed? OMG :eek:
That is one of the most challenging parts to the game to master and use, allows all classes to get one over on each other. Without it, the game would be heading more towards an objective based deathmatch - which it isn't :S Or shouldn't be ;)

Lets just make xmp a melee game - only use lawn darts ;) :rolleyes: :D

Brizz come play u2xmp sometime and i/many others can show you good arti runs with it ;)

Mercenary

>ÐË
Nov 11, 2004
Awesome job on the patch FMI. Many excellent fixes - I'm looking forward to 1b.

Two requests:

1. Please fix the Tech boost distance and height. It is less than U2XMP and should be equivalent.

2. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - DO NOT remove the Boost-WallDodge-Boost Jump. It makes XMP different than all the other lame FPS out there. And is one of the reasons why so many people have continued to play U2XMP for so long.

Don't listen to Brizz - he is the devil.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I wouldn't mind there being some melee fighting in u2xmp and other intrinsic changes. But I'm not expecting them realistically.

As for the other, all I can say is that it was shown REMOVED in the changelog and I reported that it was not. I don't care what they do with that information.

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
As for the other, all I can say is that it was shown REMOVED in the changelog and I reported that it was not. I don't care what they do with that information.

I've just re-read the change log and can't see any changes to jumping, let alone wall jumping/triple jumping.

Jurai

Dec 14, 2004
Removing walljumps would kill the game, the game would die. Myself and ]HoC[Abaddon are currently developing a video of all the walljumps we know. We spent hours simply on alcazar (more than an entire afternoon), not even getting to the other maps. Do you know why? Because they are fun and they MAKE XMP WHAT IT IS. U2xmp is set apart from many other fps games because it has one critical factor, FLAIR, walljumps being the main component of this, which other games simply do not have. If you lose this, then you can't call utxmp "UT:XMP" because it simply would not be xmp.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's pretty bold of you to say that XMP has flair and no other game does.

Perhaps for the one simple fact that it is totally subjective and pretty much wrong. If XMP was the only game with flair then why aren't more people playing it?

Otherwise, I'm still sticking to they reported it fixed and it wasn't so I was simply telling them. (wasn't in patch 1a btw).

Mercenary

>ÐË
Nov 11, 2004
]HoC[Gaia said:
Removing walljumps would kill the game, the game would die. Myself and ]HoC[Abaddon are currently developing a video of all the walljumps we know. We spent hours simply on alcazar (more than an entire afternoon), not even getting to the other maps. Do you know why? Because they are fun and they MAKE XMP WHAT IT IS. U2xmp is set apart from many other fps games because it has one critical factor, FLAIR, walljumps being the main component of this, which other games simply do not have. If you lose this, then you can't call utxmp "UT:XMP" because it simply would not be xmp.

You are exactly right.

I can't wait to see your video.

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
Otherwise, I'm still sticking to they reported it fixed and it wasn't so I was simply telling them. (wasn't in patch 1a btw).

Where did you see it reported? I've never seen anyone from FMI say it needs fixing. Unless you have somewhere else you get info from, in which case, I'm sure we would all like to know about it :)

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Just played UTXMP match with bots and one of them run into mine on the last second of the game, so that message was the last to appear on the screen and it drew my attention:
Player A was blowed up by Player's B land mine
Ain't the "blown" is the right form here? "Blowed with the wind", eh?

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
Closed Beta (pre PR1)? :p

Does that mean you broken your NDA by telling us? ;)

I would say that removing these jumps would bad for the game. As an example rampant has a couple of very useful jumps for attackers - floor of the node room to the window, and lower level side corridor to the upper level. I've always found that base very easy to defend in u2xmp, so having less options for attackers will make the situation a lot worse. Especially in the current build, where it's a lot harder to get in and out of the upper level windows.

Jurai

Dec 14, 2004
The jumps are critical to XMP. As Naib comments, Rampant base NEEDS these jumps unless every match is destined to be a draw...Sirocco and Garden are also great for them, I've found a jump onto Blue Node's cliffs on Sirocco and as far as a I know, no1 has ever been on those cliffs as a Ranger.
My point is if they didnt exist, I very much doubt people would have played XMP for such a long time. I've played this game for a long time and it is these additions which keep me coming back for more, it is a near impossible game to master. With other fps games, after a couple of months, you master everything and know everything about every map, then it gets boring, which is where I feel U2XMP is different. And this difference has everything to do with walljumps, altering them in anyway I can only visualise as being bad for UTXMP and without them, all I can see is another medicore fps with nothing to set it apart from the crowd...
[Incidently, we are hoping to have our vid out in 1 week or so...]

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
]HoC[Gaia said:
Sirocco and Garden are also great for them, I've found a jump onto Blue Node's cliffs on Sirocco and as far as a I know, no1 has ever been on those cliffs as a Ranger.

a pity noone wants to watch it.