Music

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Is there a way to liek edit a file in Unreal TOurnament 2004 so that a certain map will play like a certain type of music? I want to have like face 3 to play a Linkin Park song, but I have NO CLUE how to use UnrealEd, so I was wondering if I could edit, like an .ini file or something. Is there a way to do this, or can someone tell me how please.

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
SniperwolfKoRn said:
Is there a way to liek edit a file in Unreal TOurnament 2004 so that a certain map will play like a certain type of music? I want to have like face 3 to play a Linkin Park song, but I have NO CLUE how to use UnrealEd, so I was wondering if I could edit, like an .ini file or something. Is there a way to do this, or can someone tell me how please.

Checkout last half of this page

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
In short, you can play any song in the new engine. You just need to convert it to an .ogg file. You probably need an external enocder to do this and you might need to convert your mp3 file to a wav first.
Once you have a ogg file just stick it in your UT2k3/4 music directory. Then afaik, there's no way to make it play on just a specific map automatically without making a copy of the map with the default music track changed (Which you wouldn't be able to play online)
Best thing to do is just press F11 which brings up a music player ingame so you can play your new track.
(If you have an early version of UT2k3 I don't think the music player is included so you will need the latest patch)

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Hhmm... I should try Sound Forge by Macromedia.
That lets you open mp3, wav etc. and save it as .ogg
Then you could either use music player (like the pirate with the Monkey Island screen suggested), or set it permanently by setting your Linkin Park song in the levels properties. Of course the song has to be in the Music folder etc. etc.