Windows XP and 3DFX cards.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
Im hoping a mod will top this, as it will help alot, as more people get XP.
In Xp's normal state, it will not run in glide. nor will any apps installed on XP.
BUT
you can get the below drivers, and fix your problem! i have been testing them, and they appear stable, and you get your happy glide framerates again! this should also work for all your other glide based games aswell, so its really a universal fix. hope this helps more than just me ;)

Alternitive Untested/Unstable Drivers
http://v3.iabomb.com - provides specific drivers for the v3 3000, i tested them, but they have some video memory corruption problems. also links to 4/5 drivers i have not yet tested.

http://pftp.suxx.sk/3dfx_v3_winxp_drivers/ provides v3,4,5 drivers. untested.

http://www.falconfly.de/3dfx.htm - official and community drivers

Last edited:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Originally posted by FireSlash
still havent found any stable drivers...

im getting a GF3 Ti200:hmm: (im sick of ****ty drivers)
I got one off e-bay brand new for $149.00 and it works great!!
I`m able to OC it to the Ti500 specs!!

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
i would just like to stop and say somthing to all 3DFX users.

yes. the voodoos are great cards. yes, they have served me well, and many of you well, for several years. however, new games simply will not run on them. with the GF4s coming, no companys are going to care about glide support. best get somthing new somtime soon. the GFs are getting loads of support, the ATIs are faster with buggy drivers. take your pick. im hitting nvid cos im afraid ATI will turn into another 3DFX.:(

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
Originally posted by FireSlash
i would just like to stop and say somthing to all 3DFX users.

yes. the voodoos are great cards. yes, they have served me well, and many of you well, for several years. however, new games simply will not run on them. with the GF4s coming, no companys are going to care about glide support. best get somthing new somtime soon. the GFs are getting loads of support, the ATIs are faster with buggy drivers. take your pick. im hitting nvid cos im afraid ATI will turn into another 3DFX.:(

Well actually ATI may not turn into a 3dfx, so far they have made some good moves such as branching out more into the oem market. Also there drivers are not that buggy, from what I hear their lastest set has given the radeons a nice performance boost. Also on 3dfx support I don't care about the glide any more just the opengl and direct3d. I'm waiting for the next radeons and maybe if the kyro3 is ever released and then make my decision on my next card, till then I will use my V5.