XMP is coming to UT2004! - Free Monkey Interactive Announces UT XMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[BBF]Elessar

Feb 18, 2004
Lise said:
Also, anyone notice how that new Ranger silhouette seems to have boobies? ;)

Notice how the chick in ur sig lacks em? Leave Rangers alone woman ;P

Last edited:

moeptier

Jan 7, 2004
OMF!!! I still can't believe, that you guys found a way (and the legal rights) to do so
pray.gif

Thank you so much for keeping XMP alive
cheer.gif

>> xmpforum.de - the community is still alive :D

Ausman785

[DT|Ausman] clan guy w/ probs.
Apr 17, 2004
If "Free Monkey" plans on making a direct port of XMP for U2k4, then by all means go for it....even though they said they can't use the same textures, models, etc...So it won't be a direct port, in which case I hope they fail miserably and XMP stays as is.

I mean one of the biggest reasons I started playing was because it was free to me. I don't want to shell out more money for U2k4 if I'm not getting what I already enjoy for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Jubei said:
2k4 vehicles suck,keep the raptor and juggernaut,make the harbinger more useful and maybe adding a bike like they planned,maybe this gunship would be cool too,one driver,the ship hovering above the ground,and 4 turrets on the sides,so that would be a 5 person vehicle.
Funny how you basically described 2K4 vehicles.

"We need XMP vehicles!... well, just the jeep (scorp) and tank (goliath), and make the bus better (read: bender), and add the bike (read: manta) and a 5-man gunship (read: levi)."

Sorry you think the vehicles suck, I kind of like the fact that my tires aren't made of velcro and the turrets don't become physically removed from the rest of the vehicle.

But maybe I'm just being picky.

Last edited:

[BBF]Slayve

aWkWard
Mar 22, 2004
Brooklyn
I'm a little hazy on what you think constitutes the "xmp gametype." How about one of you liberated chimps answer some questions, please:

1. Will there still be three classes, and if so, will their balance relative to each other remain the same (i.e., hack speed, deployables, shield/health levels, jump distance, etc.)?
2. Will the classes still have a static weapons loadout, or will you be able to pick up different weapons?
3. Are the weapons and vehicles going to be all new, or just remodeled but still based on the originals?
4. Are you going to port some of our fav old Legend maps, or only new maps?

It has the potential to be great, I suppose, but I'll be sorry to see the original die off, as it most likely will. I'm curious to know what y'all think this will do to the community--will everyone migrate to the conversion, or will this be the Great Schism?

pet_monkey

Banned
Feb 25, 2004
Raptor - Only concern for me is that, will it have the same movements and gameplay as XMP or will it simply feel like ut2k4?

What about aimbots and such? Ut2k4 has more cheats and aimbots and hacks. Punkbuster needs to come in this somewhere. :p

Also, will the X2k4MP(or whatever), be able to have bots running around on the servers like regular people?

moeptier

Jan 7, 2004
pet_monkey said:
Raptor - Only concern for me is that, will it have the same movements and gameplay as XMP or will it simply feel like ut2k4?

Yes, please! Keep XMP the same Gameplay as it is :rolleyes:

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
i dunno it kinda sucks that im prolly gunna have to shell out more money to buy ut2k4. Maybe i'll just hang with regular XMP and see if this actually turns out for the better.

Twigathy

Feb 7, 2004
Hmmm. I will have to buy 2k4 if this turns out to be good and the xmp community all mass migrates. Will this be a mod for 2k4 or a clean install thingy like XMP was to u2?

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
You all recognize the simple fact this is the final nail being driven into the real XMP's coffin right?

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Dead_Metal said:
You all recognize the simple fact this is the final nail being driven into the real XMP's coffin right?
You think XMP won't be practically dead already by the time UTXMP is completed? There's a great community out there, but XMP will continue to suffer from the master server downtime and lack of promotion.

Reeps

Severe thumbs up (y)
Sep 2, 2003
WI
Visit site
TWD said:
Yeah seriously. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on this guys. There's a whole bunch of things to consider.....

FMI has been basically planning and discussing for the past 3 months, the former Legend devs have, as the announcement says, gave us their 'blessing'. In these 3 months we've gone over everything from how we will do it, what are the benefits, who are we making it for, and as you say, will it be cool?
:)

Lise

Being a girl makes you kick more arse.
Mar 16, 2004
All I know is, the guy who did CBP-Asunder is working on this. I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.