Weirdish question about feelings and other stuff

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Nothing is worse than biting your tongue and then regretting not trying something later. It's certainly easy to get yourself worked up into a hesitant strut, but once you realize that there are literally billions upon billions of females on this planet that you've never seen or talked to, well...it seems less crazy to give it a shot. The worst thing that could happen is that it totally doesn't work and you can try again. Well, no seriously...the worst thing that could happen is that it does work and you end up with VD, but you get my point.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Go for it. It's better to have tried and lost than not tried at all. Trust me, I've been down both paths and I have much less regret for the times I just said "**** it" and took the leap of faith.

EDIT: Just saw this:

So what's the worst that could happen?

This is pretty much everything that can possibly go wrong here, from personal experience:

1. She'll say no. If she has a boyfriend, move to 1a. If not, and if #2 isn't a factor, that'll be the end of it.
1a. If she's the spiteful sort, she might tell her boyfriend about it in an attempt to sick him on you. If this statement is mostly true, move to 1b. Otherwise, that'll be the end of it.
1b. If her boyfriend is the 'violent when jealous' type (as most are) it'll end in one of two ways; either he'll kick your ass, or you'll kick his. Otherwise, you'd be best just sticking clear of them. Either way it's her loss.

2. She'll say no. If she has no boyfriend but does know most of your friends, and if she's the spiteful type, move to 2a.
2a. It's possible that she may attempt to turn your friends against you by turning your advances into something way more serious (and untruthful) than they really were. It's not important for her to make your friends believe her, it's only important that she plant the seeds of doubt in them. After the initial war is over, it won't seem like a huge deal. But sometime later, maybe days, weeks, or even years, your friends might turn on you over such a small thing simply because they doubt you.

But yeah man, go for it. If it all falls down around you there's nothing like moving to a new town just to get away from such a nutcase.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
GThis is pretty much everything that can possibly go wrong here, from personal experience:

1. She'll say no. If she has a boyfriend, move to 1a. If not, and if #2 isn't a factor, that'll be the end of it.
1a. If she's the spiteful sort, she might tell her boyfriend about it in an attempt to sick him on you. If this statement is mostly true, move to 1b. Otherwise, that'll be the end of it.
1b. If her boyfriend is the 'violent when jealous' type (as most are) it'll end in one of two ways; either he'll kick your ass, or you'll kick his. Otherwise, you'd be best just sticking clear of them. Either way it's her loss.

2. She'll say no. If she has no boyfriend but does know most of your friends, and if she's the spiteful type, move to 2a.
2a. It's possible that she may attempt to turn your friends against you by turning your advances into something way more serious (and untruthful) than they really were. It's not important for her to make your friends believe her, it's only important that she plant the seeds of doubt in them. After the initial war is over, it won't seem like a huge deal. But sometime later, maybe days, weeks, or even years, your friends might turn on you over such a small thing simply because they doubt you.

I could think of atleast dozen more all involving her not even having a boyfriend. (Because frankly if she has a boyfriend then it's obvious you shouldn't be making a move anyway)
The key to this sort of stuff is to have no plan. Do not over think-it, don't wonder about all the possibilities, rehearse every conversation, don't plan or strategise your move. Just do it, if it goes arse-about-face then it was never going to work, call it fate or call it bad taste on her part if you like. Which is why i say... quite simply;
"Go for it and if it doesn't work then get over it."
Because if you don't do either of those then you might find yourself in a pretty nasty place. Keep it simple and hope for the best eh? :)

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Nothing is worse than biting your tongue and then regretting not trying something later.

Yep, so true.
I was as far as having dinner at a restaurant one time with a very cute girl.
I brought her home in my car - and she even kissed me on the way to her door.
And guess what?
Idiot me never did anything.
AT that time I thought she just wants to be a "good" friend!
DUH! :rolleyes:
Oh well, over ten years ago...:lol:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
DarkED is still a virgin based on his suggestions. Just ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. Then while out ask her if she is hungry and get dinner together. It's super easy.

LedZep

k last title kinda gay :p
darked is just a ***** (coward :D ), there is nothing that women find more sexy than you beating up on their abusive boyfriend. if her bf is an ass, beat up on him! show him he mistreats her, she'll dump him for you in a heart beat!

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
You should have employed the usage of a variation of the "three second" rule. The rule states that if you see a girl you want to talk to you must do so within three seconds or just forget about it. If you delay past the limit you'll overthink and overanalyze things to the point where you will either never take action or f**k it up royally when you finally do.

By posting here you've obviously already overthought it way too much, so forget about it, I say! :)

Someone has been reading "The Game" :D

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
I suggest you,when you really have feelings for her,make a move,go man,it is much better when you tried it than not tried it.The age,she's 10 years younger or so,well doesn't matter,she's old enough,I think you know what I mean.:)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2074578 said:
I suggest you,when you really have feelings for her,make a move,go man,it is much better when you tried it than not tried it.The age,she's 10 years younger or so,well doesn't matter,she's old enough,I think you know what I mean.:)

I think the word you're thinking of is jailbait :)