Awesome coop games yesterday night

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
I know, I know. Some of you will be thinking "does this deserve a new thread"? Well, I am not sure about it, so I started it :p. As the thread title states, I played coop yesterday and man, those were the best coop times I have had... hmmm... ever ;). Everybody moving slowly, covering each other. no rambo'ing. Yes,we had some deaths and some accidental TKs, but it's to be expected with the big amount of narrow corridors in those maps, and the impossibility of achieving perfect coordination.

Unfortunately, I had to leave at around 00:10 because of work, but I am really looking forward to the next weekend. With luck, we can repeat these awesome games again.

Cheers :)

Black.cat

May 11, 2006
Michigan
Yeah, your right that was FUN!. That was my first "real" time playing Coop and... it was much much better than what I thought it would be. Who knew that Unreal aliens could be such a challenge. As far as the tactics went... pretty damn good. They only thing is that the spawns need some work, I kept spawning near titans, I think that's what they're called. I died like 20 times in a row before I decided to reconnect:lol:. Other than that I had a great time :D. You'll see me in the coop server a lot more now.

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Indeed, that was a good game. At least the short time I participated.

Shortly after I joined the game someone told me (analogously) 'This is a good tactical team, no need to worry about us'. And he was right. :)

Btw. there is an INF Coop Forum ;)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Best co-op game to me is, when I can stop worrying about the weapons for a moment, aside this a small team (Stinkmarder, Ente, Zeep, Chuckus, etc.) with zero death is best co-op.
Reason is, that to reach zero death with a small team you really need to pull the best gameplay out of Infiltration, which works best with the above named personell and makes up for co-op games which are the strong reason for me to keep playing it (else I would [have] stop[ped]).

...I want Ground Branch so badly.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
One serious question: At which times do you guys usually play? I consider myself a regular COOPer and sadly I never had the honor to share server time with said team. I see Ente and Carpet regularly and Stinkmarder occasionally, but usually not together. Do you have any aproximate time of day or day of week you usually play? I'm usually in Sunday to Thursday at ~2000 to 2230 CET since I get up rather early for work - but I'd really like to see one of these famous COOP games..

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I had some games with Ente (only we both on team) and this guy surely knows how to play that game, it always was a good game for me. Carpetsmoker also plays good.

I remember before co-op became as popular as it is now (which is good of course), we had many times with Stinkmarder playing alone whole nights, that was damn fun.

The question is not how to meet these folks at all (since we are relatively regulary playing), but how to meet them isolated. We had games with those people on board, but there were other players on server too pulling out their game style, which simply doesn't work.
It happened we were "isolated" on one server, but that is not to control, it happens rather occasionally. So I guess hoping to be lucky one next time is the only thing you can do for now.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
Snakeye, the fun usually begins just when you leave :p Seriously, the games i'm referring to were played from 22:00 onward. On weekdays, I can't dedicate much time to INF. You are the one leaving shortly after I join, so blame on you :p

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, I usually get up at 0600 unless I drive home for the weekend, then it's 0500 (actually it's 0555 and 0455 but better don't ask), so I usually try to get my 7-8hrs of sleep and that means leaving at 2200 or 2230 (or earlier, when I'm tired). Guess I'll try to stay a tad longer next time I see you on the server - one night with 4 hours of sleep a week is something I can survive ;)

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Seriously it's a question of patience. People love to run up and get the skarj first but it's useless if you get raped by 90 skarjj and then they charge and start pummelling the rest of the team.

If you walk slow and wait for the team to get into position and open fire together you'll live. The key is initiative. The basic strategy is quick firefights so the MG is key. I like to have 1 minimi and 1 M60 moving more or less aimed at all times and the rest of the squad guards their flanks and keeps pace with them. If you do that you'll have close to 0 deaths.

The challenge becomes staying focused and fighting the urge to fall for ambushes. Often you quickly shoot at one skarjj and then his buddies round the corner and punch you in the head. I can't figure out why people don't realize this.

@Snakeye: I live in the EST time zone. Generally, the server is populated at around 3:00 pm and onward. I leave for work at 6:00 so I get a few hours in but psych and the rest don't show up until later (if they do at all). I'm thinking we should set up a regular meeting or maybe have a "passworded server" open for certain days where people have to earn the right to get access to it.

Other good players are spm and cracwhore when he used to play. Midwinter was good when I last played. We had fun cuz we broke away from main battlegroup and cleared stuff ourselves with a few others who kept pace ;) was getting tired of constantly having to sprint to keep up and then having 90 skarrj round the corner since some yahoo decided to stir up the hive before anyone else got there.

EDIT: Petpeeve: There's no need to empty a mag EVERYTIME you see a skarrj. Especially when there's 7 people on the server. If it's 1 or 2 I can understand. Sometimes even when there's 4 it's necessary. But when you have six or more players, use single fire or at least burst if you have it. We were 8 people with 7+ mags per weapon and halfway through the map we were out of ammo. The only people who should be really hammering the auto fire is mgs and AKs with drum magazines.

Stink psych and I (and a few others) were able to finish unreal with vanilla inf bulk loadouts. Now I know that the HP on the monsters has been upped and there's more of them but lets be a little smart about it. I think the completely unrestricted mag bulk system needs some tweaking to prevent this. There SHOULD be more sharing of mags.

Last edited:

Black.cat

May 11, 2006
Michigan
As far as times go, I see the most people on the server on the weekends. So, thats probably the best time to check the server. You'll see me on there this weekend. :)

EGM<NL>E

Jul 14, 2005
enschede-netherlands
ha MK i also have to get up at 06.00 during the week, so i have the same problem :D
its always when the game starts to get interesting i have to leave to catch some zzz"s