NSYNC appears in Star Wars II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
Am I the only one that thinks this is kinda cool?

Hell, I'll pay for a ticket just to see NSYNC get blown up.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I just pray that there will be some REAL epic fighting, with lots of heros dying...something as cool as the opening scene for LotR. If there's a single "oops, I flew into and blew up the reactor core" ending again, I'm going to be very sad.

Speaking of Episode 1, Where the hell did all the OTHER SHIPS GO AT THE END!!! There wer Hundreds blockading the planet at the beginning...and only one at the end???

*sigh*

However, being the nerd I am, I will have a ticket for the 12:01 am showing of Star Wars, Episode II, even if I have finals :D

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
From TheForce.Net
Of course, this was really hard for everyone to believe then the news started to circulate. I can tell you now that N'Sync are non-speaking extras in 2 scenes. They were there for only one day of shooting just after the first of December or so. It was all green screen shooting, with plenty of other extras, many of which work at ILM.

George has been shooting "extra extras" scenes lately over at Industrial Light and Magic and apparently N'Sync themselves asked to be extras. No, they don't die and no one can tell just how much screen time they'll really end up with until the print is locked. I was told you can see them clearly in the footage, but again, they shoot so much and use so little.

Star Wars fans have been reeling at rumors that the members of *NSYNC will make an appearance in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack Of The Clones, so LAUNCH sought to separate fact from fiction. A call to Lucasfilm spokesperson Lynne Hale confirmed the following: Yes, the members of the aging boy band were shot in the background of a scene in Episode II, but no, it wasn't at the behest of George Lucas's daughter, allegedly a big *NSYNC (news - web sites) fan. Hale laughed at the latter detail, a story that has been widely reported as fact.

Truth is, Lucas himself had little or nothing to do with the already controversial cameo, explained Hale. She says it was producer Rick McCallum who invited the *NSYNC gang to the set after they explained what big Star Wars fans they are. Their contribution to the Star Wars universe--and the resulting uproar over it--might all be for naught, however, since Hale explained that the *NSYNC scene might be edited out the final version of the film. If Star Wars fan reaction is any indication, Lucas better get cutting.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
So we probably won't see them in the movie (*phew* ;) ...
however .. there still is the DVD-route (how many extra scenes and stuff did SW-1 have on DVD ? SW-2 might have the same sort of things, so the dreaded nsink-'boys' scene could still come to haunt us :(

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Originally posted by White_Lizard
Someone plz kill me. For I have nothing left to live for now.

/me Pulls out MP5

BAM! BAM!

Hey WL, how come you haven't been posting much?

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
The only thing that pissed me off about this was when it was originally thought that Lucas did it because of his daughters.

But think about this: If NSYNC never had a celebrity status and you saw them in this movie, would you have the same reaction? No. This time they aren't singing music, they are acting. For all we know they could make a good show on the acting part for this movie. You can't really judge it until you see it, nor by the fact that they are, in my taste, one of the most annoying bands around.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Sorry 'bout that, WL *reaches up and adjusts thermostat*

*yells at naked burnt tree people with no skin to stfu about the freezing temperatures*