Problems with NVIDIA RIVA TNT2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

n0where

Jan 27, 2001
Visit site
I'm sure that questions about this have been asked before, so I apologize ahead of time...

I can't seem to get UT to work,
my system consists of a
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro
128MB ram
win98 SE
SB Live! (audio)

Installation is fine,
when i try to run UT the grey splash screen appears and freezes. I then have to manually close UT. I have tried all Video options to no extent, as well as downloaded and installing directx8, opengl, and drivers for my card.
(I also tried every option after these installs)

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
Thanks!

ps- forgot to mention I have also downloaded the latest UT Patch (4.36) to no avail.

Taker

UT Junkie
Questions:
Is this a fresh install of UT?Have you had UT loaded before?Which UT version do you have?(ie : GOTYE,1 that was bundled with a creative product,First release)
Is this a new Video card?Did you have a different type of card prior to this?(ie : 3Dfx voodoo or similar)

I'll check this thread again tomorrow and see if you have answered the questions above.At that time I may be able to help you a bit better.

In the meantime you can check out the links below and see if you can find something that will help you.

Ina-Support
EpicGames Faq
3DSpotlight TNT-Geforce
Unreal Tournament Faq
I hope this helps in some way.
:D

MarleyMarl

Proud NY'er
Oct 9, 2000
Long Island NY
Visit site
I have the same setup as you and I'm still having issues freezing. I have the Creative Riva TNT2 and have found that the only way I can play for a decent amount of time (15mins - 1 hour) w/o freezing is the 3.72 Nvidia (I THINK thats the version) drivers that I got off http://www.reactorcritical.com
They keep the old driver versions up on their site for download. All other driver versions above 3.72 cause UT to lockup my comp either on splash screen or server browsing for server. try 3.72 and see if it helps ya. Good Luck.

MarleyMarl

INJEKTILO

Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
i have the same card and had the same problem. what i did was delete all my Ut ini files in ut/system/ and then run ut and configure everything over again and it worked.

dghn

dog g homey nuts
Sep 2, 2000
PSL, Fl.
Visit site
not to take away from n0wheres' question cuz i have a
16mb nv riva tnt2 which works fine except low frame rates. but i was just about to go out and get a
creative labs 3dblaster 32mb riva tnt2 pci and was just wondering if i was going to have a problem with it.
i'm using a 500 celery w/64mb ram 16mb tnt2 6.31 nvidia drivers and dx8.0