umods

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

andrew

Feb 5, 2000
Visit site
hi. maybe i'm retarded, but i downloaded the ut bonus pack but can't seem to get it to work on my computer. i unzipped it...so what folder do i put it in? it said it would auto-install, but it didn't, so i shuffled it from folder to folder, to no avail. the same thing seems to happen with other "umod" apps...any tips?

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Hehe
Do make the umods easier for you to mamage you should create a dirctory for downloads. But it doesnt matter where you put the umod itself

Then install it by a doubleclick, and all files will be placed in the right directory.

---------------------------------------------
If that doesn't work you file assocciation is broken. In that case open the Windows file manager and link it with UT's setup.exe
A right-click "open with..." also works sometimes

If all that doesn't help overinstall UT. Backup your unrealtournament.ini and user.ini before. Then copy them in again and patch

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
Copy and paste this to a new text file and rename it umod.reg

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.umod]
@="Unreal.Module"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module]
@="Unreal Module"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\UnrealTournament\\Help\\Unreal.ico"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module\Shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module\Shell\open]
@="&Install this Unreal module"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unreal.Module\Shell\open\command]
@="C:\\UnrealTournament\\System\\Setup.exe install \"%1\""

This will repair your umod association.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Originally posted by _Zd_MEELOBEE_
but they only install when u have installed the Umod Installer..(duh)

Huh? :confused:

The umod installer is a handy tool but you don't neccessarily need it. UT does it itself!

synergy

{ThC}XiKo
Dec 2, 2000
Yes, but a while back whenever i downloaded and unzipped a umod it always showed up as a unknown file, so i did the method that V1 said up there and it works fine now.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Originally posted by synergy
Yes, but a while back whenever i downloaded and unzipped a umod it always showed up as a unknown file, so i did the method that V1 said up there and it works fine now.

Your file association was b0rked then. Then the double click won't work cause it doesn't know the program to open the umod with

The tings is that a lot of newbies don't know how to install umods with a intact UT not knowing if their file association is alright :(
But I only blame Epic for that