New interview- CTF-Face will be in UT2007

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[ACE]Boru

Sep 5, 2005
I know sniping's not everyones' cup of tea in a regular Death Match. That's what dedicated Sniper/Camper Servers are there for.

Some of you might find the concept of camping in the same area for twenty minutes boring. That's fine. Don't play there.

TheGuyOnTheCouch(SC) said:
but another choice is to give sniping a try (i did and i love it now, sniping doesnt make u a nub, if ur good at it, u get respect from the crowd, trust me)

That's true. You do. If you Run and Gun on one of those servers, YOU get kicked. The camper stays. It won't work for the default DM maps in UT, that's where the modders stepped in and created great maps with the sniper in mind. Mostly open city maps or big room mini me style maps. All fun to play in my opinion.

If UE3 delivers what it seems to be promising. We Sniper Server Modders will be very happy bunnies.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
I like when people say a map is bad as though it were an objective fact. I don't particularly care for Face, but to this day there are all Face/all day servers running in UT99 and they're full. It's a very successful map, and they might as well remake it if they're going to remake anything.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I guess it could be a bit fun/refreshing if they gave face a true night and day cycle (it should be possible with UE3, right?)) and maybe slowed down the spin a little.

But like BadAss84 said, DONT ship it with the demo :/

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
dc- said:
Sniping and piston camping are what made Face fun on pubs :\

Heh, I played on a server last night with a certain clan who shall remain nameless, but are widely know as motards. ;)

Anyways, most of them simply camp the towers of Face religiously (and not really good at it either). So, being a pub and all, I spent most of the map sneaking up behind them and knocking them off the tower with my shieldgun. They never did learn, and I got about 20 kills that way.

Of course, I got called a n00b for it. :rolleyes:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Renegade Retard said:
Heh, I played on a server last night with a certain clan who shall remain nameless, but are widely know as motards. ;)

Anyways, most of them simply camp the towers of Face religiously (and not really good at it either). So, being a pub and all, I spent most of the map sneaking up behind them and knocking them off the tower with my shieldgun. They never did learn, and I got about 20 kills that way.

Of course, I got called a n00b for it. :rolleyes:

I always enjoy it when someone calls me a n00b when I kill them. It's like...well done, you got killed by a n00b :lol:

Vault

May 29, 2005
Tunnels should be added to Face. There could be tunnels inside the bridges, opening up in the bases. Also, new bridges could be added, like metal walkways under the rock bridges. I just think something new should be done to innovate the Face map, without radically changing it.

Monster Kill

Well, I'm happy that they're keeping it in. I mean, what would unreal tournament be w/o face? Oh yea, Unreal Championship lol. But seriously, face does need to be revamped. And am I the only one that liked the lighting gun better than the sniper?:sniper:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Face had it's time when the tl was new and the skybox in face was the coolest thing any gamer had ever seen. But time passes and so does the feeling that face has any merit in the new game. It'll probably just be another rehash like Deck-17 (which is crap for having the sniper and no jump boots, and why the hell do you have to double jump to get the flak and link?) Curse3/4, morpheus2, and phobos2. None of those maps are really any good imho and the only one that ever gets played out of all of those is Deck17.

If they're going to remake maps, they need to understand how they ruined the feel of the origionals when they updated them for 2k4. Once they figure that out, they should be able to at least get some of the maps right.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Curse][ was one of the better maps for UT. Curse3 was crap because it was filled with stupid meshes in stupid places and ut2k3 sucked smelly poo. Curse4 was crap because it just doesn't work with 2k4's floaty movement. If they include a new version of curse in the new ut and it works like it did in the original then that's how we know they've got the game right :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Curse 3 sucked.

I guess if you're wondering how UT2003 sucked, then I would ask: "compared to what?". If you're comparing it to UT2004, I would say that it doesn't. UT2004 just added more playable maps and a very popular couple of gametypes. The UT2003 movement was just fine, imo. At least when you're using the same maps and gameplay.

Now if you want to compare it to another game in the series, like UT, I guess it kinda does suck a little. UT got a lot of things right, but it's really almost an entirely different game.

I liked UT2003, but I like UT2004 a lot better.