How do you see Mormons?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Christiany thinks of god as an egg God is the yellow part, Jesus is the white part, and the Holy Ghost is the shell. Therefore they believe that they are all one thing.

This might be the Mormon perspective on Christianity, but different people believe different things. I, a (non-denominational Christian) believe that the threee personages of the Trinity are more like three candlesticks placed together: Each candlestick is a different entity in itself, but the flame that burns in each of them is one and the same throughout. They are all seperate, yet they are also the same. This is what faith is about; belieiving in a Trinity that is both One and All. The egg description is rather compartmentalized, perhaps this is more of an esoteric view, as I've never heard it put that way before.

Stephen, the martyr in question, is stoned in Acts 6:8-15 through chapter 7. Just before the rocks are thrown, Stephen is filled with the Holy Ghost(doesn't see it physically) and looks up into heaven and sees Jesus standing on the right hand side of God.

]LoL[Wolfram

trinity

Noli me tangere
Jan 3, 2000
Southern California
Not another religious thread....! Are we ever going to move past this subject? We all believe different things, can we leave it at that?
And where's Taskmaster? We can't have religious discussion without having the self-appointed Voice of Reason... ;) Stupid "real life" he has keeps him too busy to bust out the long theological posts as he has in the past...and he had the trick of knowing what to say and what not to. We should all learn that.

Basically, making generalizations about individuals or their beliefs based on their group status (like religious affiliation) is a logical error called the ecological fallacy. Among all religious groups, everyone thinks a little differently than others. Even among mormons there is variation of beliefs. So to ask us what we all think of mormons is highly subjective and really serves no purpose other to gauge how combative we are. some of us may only have encountered obnoxious mormons, so our views may be biased, some of you guys are mormon, so youre biased. This equates to us all judging whatever stereotype of mormons we know... which is not cool or logical it is ... nuts.
Obviously, you like your religion and think its right. Good for you, but so do I, and so does everyone else. Does it matter? NO. Just wait till the people who believe in "Jedi" as a religion get to posting on this... then itll never end... :p

So stop with the religious posts as an excuse for spam and a higher post count! just give it a rest. Go play some UT...

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Originally posted by Witty
I know this might seem like a weird question, but what do you think of the Mormon religion?

I know there are a lot of myths running around, like Mormons are cultists and stuff, but we aren't. I just want to see how well informed ppl are.

I know people at my school who are mormon. I dont think about it much. I think its a pretty cool religon. I mean the ability to get married to more then one wife hehe :D

theDealer{skullface}

unregistered citizen
Oct 18, 2001
Boston
www.skullface.com
I fell in love with a mormon once... unfortunately, her religious preference/beliefs precluded her from doing anything about her love for me. Ahhh, such is life.

She went on to marry some mormom dude who had returned from his mission. She didn't really know him since it had been 2 years since she had last seen him but she married him anyway upon his return.

Making sense...

So now I run around in nothing but a dirty towel, killing mormon children, raping mormon women, and sodomizing mormon men with a brass hook!

Just kidding, it makes no difference to me. As long as someone can tolerate me, I can tolerate them.

"come here little mormon child!"

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
mormons are the ones you always see walking along the edge of the road in a white shirt w/ black shoes/pants/tie right?

eraser

I'm your brain on drugs.
Dec 13, 1999
In a town foo!
Visit site
what i think of mormons? preatty much just door to door religious salesmen giving you a load of crap. oh wait, that's every sales man, hehe! i own with my funny jokes.

FUNNY JOKES= YOU LAUGH! :D

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
Originally posted by trinity
Not another religious thread....! Are we ever going to move past this subject? We all believe different things, can we leave it at that?
So stop with the religious posts as an excuse for spam and a higher post count! just give it a rest. Go play some UT...

Well said! I'm getting sick of religion threads myself!

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Sorry Wolf BlackStar that explanation was baised on what I am told Roman Catholics believe.

The signature is baised on past blunders, and was a quote from a funny conversation in IRC chat with Shai`tan who was "supposedly" reading from his book called the Draconian which means "on dragons" or something like that. I think beerbaron has a log.