What The **** Is Wrong With You People!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MetalMickey

Banned
Jul 30, 2000
Dublin
How do you do that without forcing someone to do the helping?

Thats not an issue. There are hundreds of millions (billions?) of people who are prepared to help others, through taxation, without being forced or coerced.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
The_Pikeman said:
Ok right lets agree to disagree I can't be bothered anymore your chidlish snipes are also getting thin on the ground. Let me sumerise I belive that all humans have the right to be helped medically and financially if needed, just because a few bad apples get more than they deserve dosen't mean the system should be stopped. We have enough resorces so that all people can go to bed at night with a full stomach and a healthy body ..... you gotta wonder why our goverments seem reluctant to work towards that goal.
-How.

You're right. We're not going to change each other's mind on this. We seem to be addressing each other over a very wide ethical gulf.

To summarise, I don't believe that all humans have the right to be helped medically and financially. It'd be nice (in a "World Peace" kinda way) if that was possible, but it is not and is never going to be.

Hey bub, next time you knock out a one word reply intended not to add to an argument, but to irritate and provoke an emotional reaction, I will also call you a troll. Dork0.

I genuinely don't understand why I am supposed to feel responsible for those who won't help themselves.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
spm1138 said:
...It'd be nice (in a "World Peace" kinda way) if that was possible, but it is not and is never going to be.
you have to agree that the only thing preventing it is people, like you, refusing to play the game.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
you have to agree that the only thing preventing it is people, like you, refusing to play the game.

No electable Government could finance that state of affairs out of taxes.

I already lose 20% of what I earn straight off my wageslip and 17.5% in VAT off most of what I buy and I know I don't feel like paying much more.

Why should I if it isn't going to benefit me?

So it's partly my fault.

I'd say scarcity should also take some of the blame, too.

Last edited: