So.. how's that Euro going?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
IRAN and the rest of the OPEC may be adapting it as their official (and ONLY) currency for international transactions (buh bye dollar) if t stays steady, so i'd say the prospects are good.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Lots of work because of this...

I'm finishing my accounting in Belgian Franks for the 2001 year and then I'll have to switch the program to Euro, that will be the most sensible part but will happen only end of this month.

Just finished all the price conversion for my products. Fax layouts for price offers also to adapt as well as the invoices. This last one was easy since some customers already switched to Euro since Jan 2001 (in their accounting).
Until now, everything's fine and I already got my first banknotes on the 1st at 01.00 am. I just find the notes of 5€ a bit small: they looks like Monopoly notes... :)

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
AFAIK the dollar is a bit easier to counterfeit then the euro as the euro uses the latest techniques in anti-counterfeiting and the dollaris basically some "special" green paint on some "special" paper.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
ditto

Euro is the most protected bank note so far. Even the smallest notes are fully secured. IMO, I find them impressive to touch and sense in their special parts with some colors changing in function of the angle of sight (we already had this on our biggest BEF notes).

Harry_C

Getting old ... and drunk
Apr 2, 2001
France
Visit site
You guys seem pretty aware ...
Shame on me, I don't even know what the coins look like .......:confused:
Bah I have 2 or 3 monthes to get used to €.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
I'd say it has a good chance of competiting with the dollar. Assuming all Eurozoners also comply with a single economic plan. If they don't then you can kiss it goodbye, but I don't think they'd let individual pride get in the way of progress now would they? :)

IceWeasel

Linux fanatic
Dec 10, 2000
Germany
I find the big notes (200 and 500) a bit big in size. But on the other side, who has them in his pocket regularly? :D
Besides that, I have the usual difficulties you also faced when making holidays: You want to pay and have to look at all coins carefully to find out which one to take. But it'll become better in a few weeks...

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
It's easier for blind people and pretty usual in Europe. At least in those countries I have been to.

I only have a US$ 1 bill but I couldn't find any markings at all. How do blind people tell the difference between the several bills, when they have all the same size?

I don't know about the Euro (still haven't got any) but the old German deutschmark bills had different sizes and additionally some small part with structured symbols to be able to feel what kind of bill it is.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Same with american currency. The $ has gone through many different sizes.

The euro...kinda a neat concept...but also kinda wierd. I'd feel wierd if someone told me that next year, instead of dollars, I'd be payed in 'terra' or something like that.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Originally posted by Kuroshio Apocal

OFFTOPIC: IceWeasel... it looks like that penguin in your sig has a light-saber for a dick... seriously :).

Nooooo, not again! :lol:

You must be the 16th person to tell him that! :lol:
Look out! Don't piss out a penguin, they can be dangerous when angry... :D

IceWeasel

Linux fanatic
Dec 10, 2000
Germany
OK, OK, OK. I know it.... yes.... I know it....
Please, let's not start it again.... I think I'll put a line under my sig "I know, my penguin looks like having a lightsaber dick" or so... :D
About messing with angry penguins: They are especially dangerous when holding a lightsaber. ;)