Will This Change Your Mind About Bulletstorm PC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Which is exactly what I did over the weekend - played some Quake Live and System Shock2 (with a disk)
Must have played SS2 for 5-6 hours straight on Saturday night - can't remember the last time I did that.
Loaded up the BulletStorm PS3 demo last night but it only held my attention for about 10 minutes unfortunately.
I'm going to have another crack at it later this evening and try and stick with it, learn the combo's and **** and see where we go.
Not doing it for me at the moment though. :(

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
- Authentication when starting the game (like Steam): when severely reduced in price (around 20 euros works).
Steam doesn't require you to authenticate every time you launch a game. Otherwise offline mode would be impossible.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
At first I wanted bulletstorm.

Then it started looking bad so I decided I didn't want bulletstorm.

I decided to buy DNF instead.

Now I'm just going to pirate it to make it a point that DRM doesn't ****ing work and developers who use it are ****wits.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
At first I wanted bulletstorm.

Then it started looking bad so I decided I didn't want bulletstorm.

I decided to buy DNF instead.

Now I'm just going to pirate it to make it a point that DRM doesn't ****ing work and developers who use it are ****wits.

That's screwed up. Pirate excuses...

If you want free ****, just say so.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
It's funny because I was planning on buying that up until they announced they were using GFWL. The 120 bucks I have set aside is now for Portal 2 and DNF.

I know both valve and gearbox actually care about the PC version of their games.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
It's funny because I was planning on buying that up until they announced they were using GFWL. The 120 bucks I have set aside is now for Portal 2 and DNF.

So, then don't buy the game. That doesn't make it a valid excuse to download an illegitimate copy and play the game.

Of course you can also be less of an idiot and wait 2 months after release and buy all 3 games for the same amount.

I know both valve and gearbox actually care about the PC version of their games.

Yeah, that's why Valve demands people to use their DRM. That's why Gearbox used the much hated gamespy in Borderlands, and never released some of the DLC for the PC in retail.
That's why Valve nerfed Portal 2 and Gearbox simplified DNF so that the games are the same on both consoles and the PC.
All actions that show so much love towards PC versions of their game.

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Homefront sounds like a better buy in terms of supporting a PC-friendly publisher. That GFWL thing means Bulletstorm will have to reach a budget price before I get it.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yes, they have to cope with the slow and inaccurate input of a controller. Which means, none/hardly any twitch based rotation puzzles.

There weren't any of those in the first game, I thought.

I don't think "twitch" and Portal are two terms that really go in the same sentence. It's more a game about studying the room, creating a plan to solve it, and executing the plan.

EDIT: If you want "twitch" Portal levels for PC, just wait and see what the mod community does after the fact. I'm sure there will be plenty.