Post SPAWN weapon ideas here!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kingman3

Jul 19, 2005
I agree. SG at least gives you a couple seconds to get away from someone breathing down your neck upon respawn. Maybe so many people wouldn't hate it so much if Epic didn't give us what looks like a big goofy green Nerf gun for a model.

Gregori's idea sounds interesting, too.

For a starting weapon, how about an energy pistol that starts out doing about 20-25 damage per shot, but as you continue to use it, the damage dealt slowly starts to drain (about .4 damage for every shot taken), all the way down to about 10 damage per shot. That way you're not totally helpless starting out, but you can't whore it the whole time you're alive and take out players with weapons that are supposed to be more powerful. The only problem I guess would be when you pick up another pistol and they're firing at different energy levels, how hard it would be to program that.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hmmm, bookjumping with the impact hammer.. it's great...
Though you can also use the enforcer (but that's slower), or the shockrifle (but that's too fast)... the IH is the weapon of choice for a good oldfashioned bookjump.

=)

Hey, and with secondary fire you can alter the direction!
Or slow down...

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I did read what you said, and I replied accordingly...

Me said:
The SG had a trick jump, just like the IH

By that, I meant as powerful. I think your problem thinking it's not is in perception relative to scale difference, or relative to normal jump moves. Even if not "exactly the same" the full jump is very comperable. I even further implied what I meant in the rest of my post. Considering the UT scale will return, with increased feel of gravity on jump moves, I'd also venture to say that the new IH will feel about the same as it did in UT.

I agree with the whole something to protect you at spawn bit though. Before the SG, we just turned the xloc on in DM. It was also the only counter for the minigun. Hopefully, if the weapons are simply "more balanced" then before (as they have gotten in each sequel), then it may not be a huge issue. If it is, you always can play loc DM :D

Last edited:

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
The Quake3 machine gun, that was a pretty good spawning weapon. Very similar to ut2004's assault rifle, but much more accurate. A bot bounced through the air on a jumpad and I hit him at least 4 times with the machine gun.

If ut2007's dual enforcers are somewhat similar, I'll be happy, just as long as it's near accurate.
:cool:

Swerto

The Founder Of The PL4Y4 H474Z
Jul 29, 2005
The Enforcers and then have the shield chainsaw idea.... Hmmmmmm epic should look at this.... and treat the enforcers with a charged secondary.... u know like in uc2.... charge it the jugernaught way and shoot like 30 bullets in 3 seconds.... release all your ammo on a spammer... hmm that will make it strong and weak enough for spawn....EPIC NEEDS TO READ OUR IDEAS

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
Power fist and a semi auto pistol.

scoobikriegersm1rh8xq.jpg

Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
Swerto said:
The Enforcers and then have the shield chainsaw idea.... Hmmmmmm epic should look at this.... and treat the enforcers with a charged secondary.... u know like in uc2.... charge it the jugernaught way and shoot like 30 bullets in 3 seconds.... release all your ammo on a spammer... hmm that will make it strong and weak enough for spawn....EPIC NEEDS TO READ OUR IDEAS

But Epic have already done it. They don't need to read anything because they've just made a game with the features you've mentioned.

That's like going to George Lucas and telling him you've got an idea for a series of movies called 'star wars'.

Seeing as UC2 is the more recent game you can pretty much assume the cool ideas developed in that game will rub off onto ut2007.

Hashassin

phunzor
Jul 11, 2005
Sydney
How about a shield gun that absorbs and stores shock rifle ammo which you can shoot, except its all reverse, so like, primary shoots ball and when secondary hits, instead of an explosion there should be like an implosion which creates a black hole and sucks the enemy into oblivion!!!11
good idea.. yes yes.... no....
:(

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Hashassin said:
How about a shield gun that absorbs and stores shock rifle ammo which you can shoot, except its all reverse, so like, primary shoots ball and when secondary hits, instead of an explosion there should be like an implosion which creates a black hole and sucks the enemy into oblivion!!!11
good idea.. yes yes.... no....
:(
:lol:

Actually, it could work if done right, and would prevent extreme shock combo spawnraping.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Power fist and a semi auto pistol.

scoobikriegersm1rh8xq.jpg

*coughwarhammer40kcough*

Anyway, how about a weapon with the SG primary and SG secondary, but if you press primary fire while using the secondary fire shield, you use the IH's lunge primary fire? :)

Swerto

The Founder Of The PL4Y4 H474Z
Jul 29, 2005
Yeah......... nice with the star wars thing... i see u saw my 90+ hours of galaies in 3 weeks....