Just ask the Rukee!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Re: Re: Re: ASK RUKEE

Originally posted by KeyserSoze

Thanks Rukee!
I just went out and bought all button front jeans.
Problem solved!

Now, how about the de file?
If you get a de missmatch...close the game and you`ll need to rename DE.u. Go to *start * find * de.u *search in C drive...* rename....restart UT and join the server that had the missmatch.

KeyserSoze

Freelance Vandal
Jul 5, 2000
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Another 2 questions

1. Any tips for keyboard commands for cool moves like the jump and flip? Also do these moves buy you anything?

2. Instagib games: Looks like some people are amazing with the shock rifle. I seem to suck. Any tips on how to use this weapon effectively? especially when its the only weapon available?

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Re: Another 2 questions

Originally posted by KeyserSoze
1. Any tips for keyboard commands for cool moves like the jump and flip? Also do these moves buy you anything?

2. Instagib games: Looks like some people are amazing with the shock rifle. I seem to suck. Any tips on how to use this weapon effectively? especially when its the only weapon available?
I got no advice on moves.....
Hell...I use a joystick and get laughed at everytime I bring it up.
I just find them easer to use...I can run in any direction and at any speed(slow-to-fast) which you can`t do with the keyboard. However....you can`t strife with a joystick and that can be a real bummer against better opponants.
But I like to have everything I use right there for me...
I use the trigger for fire( Da!) the one thumb switch for jump...then duck.....next weapon... then the 4-way hat switch for four taunts. :)
Instagib can be a real blast!!
Best advice I can give is play with the mouse speed to get your reaction time and aiming better. If your mouse moves too slow or fast might make it hard to hit. And instagib needs and exact hit to get a frag.....no splash damage!
I got an ULTRA KILL on an instagib server one night....hackr was one of the victims!! ;)

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Re: Re: Another 2 questions

Originally posted by Rukee

I got no advice on moves.....
Hell...I use a joystick and get laughed at everytime I bring it up.

ha ha lol rofl @ rukee

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Originally posted by JTRipper
Ok, so maybe you don't know about the egg thing. But does killing time damage eternity?

no not at all!!
the time you kill, once you kill it is now in the past.....
eternity is in the future......
so from now on......kill as much time as you want!! :p

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Re: dodging

Originally posted by jreister
how do I dodge (sounds stupid, but I don´t know, since there seems no direct button)
First you have to turn dodging "ON" in the options...then to dodge in game just double tap the dirrection keys.

That`s it!!

Last edited:

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
If your using the keyboard mouse setup to play UT, use the mouse to turn left and right, and use the keyboard keys to strafe and go forward and backward.

To awnser your question...double tap right or left strafe....you can also double tap forward and back.....