Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Bruno 8/10

Non stop laughs

Some the funniest moments
Antics with his partner...the exercise bike and the chair on the bungee cords/springs was too much

The spinning cock....LMAO

Trying seal the peace deal between Palestine and Israel over their issues with humas!

Being chained up to his assistant and walking into the anti gay march...

The moment with Ron Paul

Talking to Mili Vanili at the psychic shop

The camping trip

The swingers party

And the final wrestling match with the fat red neck cheering on "Straight Man" or whatever is name was to seeing him become Bruno again and cry as if his whole world feel apart

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Just watched Gran Torino - Clint Eastwoods new flick.
I was hoping for more but can only give this a 6/10
Can't honestly see Clint either being capable or bothered to do any more acting since I'm sure he has said somewhere that this will be his last acting role.
I can see possibly one or two more director roles but realistically, that's it.
Take a look at his portfolio on Wikipedia and marvel at Clint's incredible list of awesome over his entire career.
I can only salute this guys contribution to film.

Lruce

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
The Strangers: I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is seriously some genuine terror in this movie, the actings well played, especially Scott Speedman who in contrast with the underworlds has put up an excellent show. Also, the directors knows his game well as its quite apparent that under his eye all the crucial bits fall in place really well that too in a relatively short duration. Recommended!

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Knowing:. 6.3 / 27

Space angels beam visions of future catastrophes into people’s heads. Rather than tell the world outright about the future, theses people scribble dates, dead count, and GPS coordinates on whatever is handy like a piece of paper or a closet door. Nic Cage has to figure it out and a save the world... if he can?

Neat special effects. Terrible plot.

Push: 3.141592653589 / 7¾

The future world is riddled with psychics that can predict the future, implant ideas in people’s heads, scream louder than Billy Mays, and levitate hand guns (though they are terrible shots). Big Government (Neo-Cons I suspect) wants to control and enhance these freaks with drugs. Turns out the drug almost always kills theses Randi Challenge losers. I say almost always because it appears that the latest batch of this drug is slightly less deadly. Our hero and his jail-bait side-kick must find and help the young lady who absconded with this new drug and keep it out of the hands of Big Government.

B-Grade actors. B-Grade acting. Special effects we've seen before and better done. Silly plot.

It also interesting to note you can inject soy sauce directly into your veins without any adverse effect. YMMV.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
The Hangover - 10/10

Hilarious! I laughed pretty much the whole way through. The ending was brilliant as well.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Watched "2001: a space oddysey" again. No matter how many times I view it, it remains phenomenal. The whole combination of images, sounds, music (very, very beautiful) and the first 24 minutes of the movie not having any speech at all. The transitions between scenes, acting.. heck I could go on.

Funny though, the two actors keir dullea (dave) and gary lockwood (frank) were around my age. Figured keir was actually a bit older.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
"2001: a space oddysey"
you know Stanley Kubrick invented a lot of the camera tricks in that film which made it possible for people like George Lucas to capture his idea for Star Wars. he set the standard for nearly every space-setting, sci-fi movie from that point on, they all look the way they do because of his techniques.

Kubrick was a genius, a true original. never did he make the same type of movie twice and he was a master visionary. there's no such thing as a Kubrick "director's cut" because the film studios understood his brilliance, and whatever he wanted, he got. if you're a fan of his work (or of great movies in general), it's so worth your time to watch every single piece that he directed. from one to the next, he was just outstanding, perfect rather, time after time.

have you ever seen his 1975 film Barry Lyndon?

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Possible. Not sure. And of course I'm a fan of his work, kubrick was a monument.
Personally I think 2001 is his masterpiece. That, and a "clockwork orange", "the shining", "full metal jacket", "dr. strangelove".

There's even an Unreal map dedicated to this movie. It doesn't really play well in botplay, but it was quite an unique map. The action takes place in the big wheel you see at the beginning of the space sequence.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Personally I think 2001 is his masterpiece. That, and a "clockwork orange", "the shining", "full metal jacket", "dr. strangelove".
agreed, except you definitely need to add Barry Lyndon to that list.

I bring it up because I caught it the other day in HD after having not seen it for at least a decade. the last time I did, I could not appreciate the staggering achievement of this film. Barry Lyndon is one of those movies that's much more about the dialogue and drama, the pacing and acting rather than effects or action.

it contains what are, in my opinion, some of the most fantastic individual acting performances like... ever. Kubrick being such a perfectionist would have his actors deliver a scene over and over and over and over again until it was JUST RIGHT. remember, he loves to use those long, drawn out takes where he doesn't stop the camera after every line to switch angles. his cast actually had to memorize and give their performance like live theater actors.
Barry Lyndon is a masterwork of artistic film making in which he captures each performance from each scene in its own element. he uses long takes to allow the actors to really come out of their shell, each shot is framed like an art canvas just beautiful and perfect.

he also used 100% natural lighting in that movie, something most people don't realize. Kubrick insisted on using these very old-style cameras which were designed specifically for shooting in low light. the entire movie of Barry Lyndon (being that it's a period piece, takes place 1884) is lighted only with candles. then there's the costume and set design, it's amazing.
Barry Lyndon wiki article said:
Kubrick was "determined not to reproduce the set-bound, artificially lit look of other costume dramas from that time."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Lyndon_(film)#cite_note-TelegraphReview-1 After "tinkering with different combinations of lenses and film stock," the production got hold of three "super-fast 50mm" f/0.70 lenses "developed by Zeiss for use by NASA in the Apollo moon landings," which Kubrick had discovered in his search for low-light solutions. These super-fast lenses "with their huge aperture (the film actually features the largest lens aperture in film history) and fixed focal length" were problematic to mount, but allowed Kubrick and Alcott to shoot scenes lit with actual candles to an average lighting volume of only three candlepower, "recreating the huddle and glow of a pre-electrical age."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Lyndon_(film)#cite_note-TelegraphReview-1 In addition, "the actors... were under instruction to move as slowly as possible to avoid underexposure."

Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
harry potter and the half blood prince was rather good.

but could have had a more climatic ending.

Last edited: