Ripper in Future Unreal Title?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I had the xloc on there but removed it as I don't consider it a weapon. But if Epic does, then yeah that would make 17.

It must be coming out in a bonus pack or something. Why would they be teasing it now, when their next project is a long time away yet?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I'm excited about the future Unreal game as well. It's an intriguing concept. I think that we should see something official on it at E3.

Unreal 2 was a disappointment, Tossmonkey. You can't deny it, though you may have personal feelings for it. It was resoundingly beaten in every review that I read, its sales were dismal (witness the disbanding of Legend), and even I - being the big Unreal fan that I am - was sorely disappointed in it. Uninspiring. Would XMP have helped it? Probably... but that's another thread. :)

I'm glad to see the Ripper come back! It gets knocked as being a spammy weapon.. but it just BELONGS in the game. It's so Unreal. I wonder if they'll go with the original alt-fire guided blades, or Tournament's alt-fire exploding blades. I can't decide which I'd rather see as they both kicked major ass!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I'm not sure which one I prefer...

Unreal's razorjack is good, but somehow UT's ripper feels better yet it's easier getting killed yourself :D...
Bah, I like both. They're good for decapitating yet another dirty krall...

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Unreal 2 didn't suck because it was sp-only. It was bad because it lacked even the vaguest attempt at replay value (Max Payne 2 is SP-only too but they made a great attempt at adding replay value with certain features), and despite having had years of work put into it, it didn't have a very long campaign or any skirmish missions. Also had a so-so storyline. It wasn't the worst game I've ever played (fairly mediocre I'd say, certainly not worthy of the series), but it was a big disappointment.

XMP, however, was amazing. U2 Special Edition is 2003's Game Of The Year, imo.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
W00t! bout time they brought the ripper back. Contrary to a lot of opinions, I think the ripper was one of the best unreal-type weapons ever. It's so cool the effect of the discs whizzing around and could wipe your head off with dangerous backfires etc :)

As for Unreal 2 - maybe it wasn't a good title to buy because it was just singleplayer, but I think the SP that []was[/i] in the game was really good - it looked nice, played nice, and was original. Maybe a bit short but yea... :p

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Mr.Magnetichead said:
You guys have the wrong end of the stick me thinks.

The ripper Isn't going to be in ut2004, it will however return in a future Unreal game.
Has UT2004 been released? Did I miss a memo? It hasn't yet? Then it is still a future Unreal title, is it not? Therefore this makes it slightly possible that it might still be in 2K4. SLIGHTLY possible, yes.

Why would you bother hyping up the Ripper NOW when everyone will forget about it until next year? What would be the point in that? I am thinking it'll either be in UT2K4, or the inevitable bonus pack that will follow.