CTF Maps used for Deathmatch?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

buck614

Aug 12, 2001
Visit site
CTF Maps used for Deathmatch?
There are some CTF maps that I would like to use for Deathmatch. Is there a way to do that? Some of those maps would be great for that. Or even some of the assault maps for Deathmatch.

buck614

Aug 12, 2001
Visit site
Just changing the extension? How does it compensate for where the flag would be? Just no flag? Can you do that with any map? I know with some Assault maps it is a one way trip in some respects; can't always go backwards or forwards until certain criteria are met.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
yes...

Any map can be used as a DM map: Just set your preferences in the practice game menu, then exit to windows explorer and double click on the map that you want to play (this worked way back when, I haven't tried it recently)
I wouldn't recommend playing AS maps, because in some of them you will spawn in an isolated place.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
huh? I thought you did it this way, let's say you wanna play CTF-coret as DM you would make a copy and rename
CTF-Coret.unr to
DM-Coret.unr
then start a practice session and choose DM-Coret. The DeathMatch gametype does not look for flags, so they will be gone and BOOM! you are playing DM on Coret

_Zd_Ringi_

Rorschach alike
Sep 14, 2000
De Achterhoek
You are right there Hal. I converted all standard DOM-maps and it really improved my play. DM-Olden and DM-MetalDream are real good DM levels.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by I_B_Bangin
Just make a copy of th ectf map and change the ending to .DM

no,you dont do that

ill use ctf-face for a example

1.copy ctf-face if you want to keep the origanle (why not?!)

2.rename the copy/origanle from "copy of ctf-face" to "dm-face" or "dmface",either way works but dm-face sounds much nicer :D

3.now you can run the map in death match mode! but i recommend that it is edited because it will cause you to respawn at any base so your likely to respawn next to the person that would normally be your friend and he will just respawn kill you,and path nods may need to be edited

Danny_Diplo

Death By Diplodocus!
Jun 11, 2001
Liverpool, UK
www.dipo.co.uk
There's an even easier way, which doesn't involve editing maps - you just use console commands to change the gametype. First you need to set up an admin password for your machine - to do this open up the console (~ or TAB) and type preferences. Then click the GameSettings tab and add a password to the bit at the top that says Admin Password - eg. llama

Now, start any practice game, and before the game starts bring down the console again and type adminlogin llama (or whatever password you chose). It should say you have become a server administrator.

Then, to play face as a DM map type :

admin switchlevel ctf-face?game=botpack.deathmatchplus

This will change the map to Face, but you will be playing it with DM rules. You can also use any of these game types :

botpack.teamgameplus (Team DeathMatch)
botpack.Assault (Assault - dunno how this would work!)
botpack.Domination
botpack.ctfgame (CTF)
botpack.lastmanstanding

You can mix up any of the maps with any of the gametypes, but some will result in strange games :)

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
I don't see how changing a map to a specialty type like dom ctf or assault would work at all though. if they don't have the parts coded in (flag, cps, objectives).... then how could you ever score? it doesnt just create them I assume.

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
i know that, we were talking about changing the map name FROM DM something to CTF something and playing a DM map as assault or ctf or dom.

which I don't believe works. maybe I misunderstood something.

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
I have an even better way.
Just download and install Airfight UT..... it has a bug that in my system... it allows to choose any type of map in any type of game.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by rhakka
i know that, we were talking about changing the map name FROM DM something to CTF something and playing a DM map as assault or ctf or dom.

which I don't believe works. maybe I misunderstood something.

Yes, you're right. You can change a map to DM, but not to a specialty type. That is only possible using UnrealEd.

Like I said before, DOM maps make the best DM maps because of their interconnectivity.