my new bike!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Private~Parts

metamorphose-tetraform
Mar 17, 2003
Wellington NZ
Visit site
98_triumph_speed_triple_t509.jpg

you like? It' s the best thing i've ever owned!

(Triumph Speed Triple 2001 model 900 miles on the clock! nice.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Private~Parts

metamorphose-tetraform
Mar 17, 2003
Wellington NZ
Visit site
thanks man. I just got back from Norfolk, about 170 mile round trip, and I can truly say I LOVED it, 110bhp, smooth response from 1500-9000rpm, lovely handling. happy to sit at 10mph without being bored - 110mph without effort.... JOY!

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Those are awesome bikes :tup: I want to get a Speed Four, personally. I'm more a fan of the smaller, lighter bikes. They just feel a bit more zippy :)

The Speed Triple is the only 700cc+ bike I'd ever want to own, though. Excellent purchase :tup:

*Sigh* I had to sell my Suzuki GS500EL the other day to help us pay some bills and get a family car, so I'm back to caging around, at the moment :(

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
I've heard horror stories about motorcycles in France; people going 120mph+ through city streets, and such.

Private~Parts

metamorphose-tetraform
Mar 17, 2003
Wellington NZ
Visit site
kowalski - yeah, well my second from last bike, from right outside my new digs two days after moving in!!! I hate thieves.
snakebite - they can be coffins, i have known people who didn't survive their last bike crash. All you have to do is remember to be scared of every car you see! that way you'll think twice. also i NEVER overtake if there is a right hand turn or driveway on the right (lefthand side if you drive on the right); simple rule but it stops you dieing!

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
FeelTheUniverseXXX said:
I've heard horror stories about motorcycles in France; people going 120mph+ through city streets, and such.
yeah, somebody posted a video like that. about a (stupid) dude who raced on the "peripherique" in paris (and later killed himself).

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
It's funny how cars instantly seem less impressive once you've been on a good bike. I hear people at school bragging about their brand new BigMoneyWaste car going 0-60 in seven seconds, and I just laugh, because my 1400 dollar GS500EL did 0-60 in less than 5 :lol:

My brother has two TL100S'. He bought one, it got stolen, he bought another one, then state patrol found his first one. Now he has two bikes sitting in the carport that go 0-60 in about two seconds.

On another note, Speed Four/Triple = God.

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
I really dig the whole "street fighter" bike thing, and have been seriously thinking about getting a Buell XB9R. Now that they've announced the XB12 series, I think that might put me over the edge...

But the best looking bike I've ever seen is my buddy's - an MV Agusta F4S. His is the red/silver monoposto - which I think looks much better than the two-seater in all silver.

Matthew

Attachments

• all_rears.jpg
    all_rears.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 11
  • all_right.jpg
    all_right.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 18
  • left_front_all.jpg
    left_front_all.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 14

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
D-Rider said:
Beagle - I heard you are restriced to 400cc in japan, is that right?

Well, at least I am, since I only have a medium-class license. I have Kawasaki ZZR-400 which is equivalent to your ZX-4(I think).
But I could get a all-round license which will permit me to ride whatever I want. As you know, we have HAYABUSA that takes you up to 300km/h in Japan. I think that's got 1200cc engine.

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Hehe, I could've bought a Hayabusa last year, but I wanted to live, instead. ;)

A friend of mine has a GSXR1200 with Nos. He's gone up to 180 with it before wussing out, but the guy he bought it from claimed that it can hit 200.

That damn Hayabusa can go 200 in stock condition (the older models, at least. They've been slowing them down, lately). Just picture a 'Busa with added performance parts... insane.

Private~Parts

metamorphose-tetraform
Mar 17, 2003
Wellington NZ
Visit site
Beagle_One said:
Well, at least I am, since I only have a medium-class license. I have Kawasaki ZZR-400 which is equivalent to your ZX-4(I think).
But I could get a all-round license which will permit me to ride whatever I want.

Thinking about it, we have the same thing here really but with a limit of 125cc until you finish your second test (correct me if I'm wrong!). I like "kwakas" as we call them, ZZR's are good solid bikes :) the Hayabusa's, however, are a-bast*d-of-a-bike class I think, with extra sh*t-yourself thrown in!

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
I ride a zx7r, but if you like the streetfighter look, take a peak at this:

z1000, this is the bike I want baaaad.

Attachments

• k_z100_d_800.jpg
    k_z100_d_800.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 19
  • k_z100_h_800.jpg
    k_z100_h_800.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 16