Dark Void Trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Those of you who, like me, are dying to play the upcoming Dark Void game will love to know that there is a new, brief trailer out exploring the antagonists of the game, The Watchers. Seriously, who wouldn't want a futuristic, Rocketeer style game?

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
But not having followed the Dark Void development cycle at all, this is my first real exposure to it. And, after watching the trailer, I was sort of scratching my head. If you hadn't said it highlighted the Watchers, (whatever they are), I wouldn't have even known that much.

Trailers are still cinemagraphic work, so they should give some impression of a story, or something. This really looked like someone spliced together completely unrelated clips. In the first seconds, I thought it looked great, but after just thirty seconds, I was turned off by it.

I won't hold that against the game itself, but this trailer is pretty bad. That's all I'm saying. Borderlands, in contrast, seems to know what machinema is all about.

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
There's a new trailer showing off the combat, but it's as eclectic as this trailer. One second the player is tackling a robot, the next second the player is tossing a grenade toward a squad of enemies.

The game still seems interesting though, so I might rent it, even if the trailers are awful thus far.