Known Bugs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Is there an actual list of known bugs in INF? Not just annoyances like the fact that the bots pick up everything or have no endurance system to keep them from sprinting everywhere with only 10% health but actual bugs where things just don't work the way they should.

Here is my list. I will update this as more bugs are listed.

1. Recoil pulls POV down. This is most noticeable when firing over a wall. It's a though the wall jumps up a few inches where the weapon is discharged.
  2. Bots will try to shoot through buildings at targets they have never seen.

Last edited:

jayhova

Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
hmmm big bug for me is thet bots are stupid :) i tryed to play with them but i cant they are really stupid :)

Not really a bug [see above]. However the fact that the bots will shoot as though they have X-Ray vision is. That is to say that when one bot gets a contact sometimes another bot will try to shoot through a building at the tango he has not seen.

master server is working but slow and i find just >P<.... server if i am looking in infiltration all (where is xplod server?) and if i go in other server search i find many ut servers.i downloaded ut master server (i will put on my ftp tomorow ) and i don t know how to run this to work(i tryed and i fix adress on inf.ini too.This is the biggest bug i think.I would like to host master server if some1 can help me.Now i got 1 gb optic web connection(download and upload and we are tallking in gigabits thet is 100megabaytes) it s very fast.i allways use my freewebfrom my provider for shering but not any more now i will use my connection.

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Distance sounds are mono. My biggest gripe from the days of old. If someone is firing in the distance you don't hear their actual direction.

Never noticed the POV shifting upwards thing? Has it to do with mounting your weapon on a wall?

jayhova

Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
Distance sounds are mono. My biggest gripe from the days of old. If someone is firing in the distance you don't hear their actual direction.

Never noticed the POV shifting upwards thing? Has it to do with mounting your weapon on a wall?

It's like the player ducks every time the weapon goes off. The recoil of the weapon is what causes it. It's weird. I don't think the sound issue is as much of a bug as a limitation of the engine.

STELLAR 7

Why the urge to improve yourself?
Nov 17, 2005
Compatible ammo works for me. STANAG mags can be shared between FAMAS, M16A2/A4, M4A1 and HK416.. AK mags between AKMSU and AKM.. G3 mags between G3 and PSG.
Recoil primarily pulls your POV up not down as you're forced to continuously shift your aim down during controlled firing. But there is a slight shift down at the moment the weapon fires just before the kick. This seems to have been intentional as if to simulate the soldier anticipating the recoil, which could've been removed I suppose.
Bots see through non-solid geometry (sometimes solid or semi-solid if there are strange geometry cuts after the map build), any actor object, and masked textures. So they would also see you through any mover, such as doors because those are defined as non-solid in the editor (in fact just a purple wireframe).

There are scripting errors that I know of with all the weapons that have grenade launcher attachments (M16A2/A4, M4A1, HK416, AKM, SCAR). Create a M16A2 loadout with M203 and only smoke 40mm grenades, no STANAG mags - the initial loaded grenade will always be the standard high explosive 40mm instead of smoke. With the M16A4, M4A1 and 416, create a 40mm only loadout without adding the M203 attachment and you will still be able to fire/reload grenades from a weapon that visibly has no grenade launcher attached. This effectively becomes an exploit as you gain that extra stamina that was normally lost from the attachment; plus, since some of the animations that are specific to the weapon meshes with M203 don't exist when the M203 is absent, such as reloading 40mm grenades, those animations are skipped and reloading is suddenly much faster. Ironically, with the AKM, the effect is similar but to your disadvantage. Creating an AKM 40mm only loadout without the GP25 will give single fire bullets instead. With the SCAR, however, it's much less drastic. Create a SCAR loadout with at least two of its 40mm grenade types that are not HELLHOUNDS and one of which is the M441. The initial loaded grenade will be the M441. But when you initially switch to the next grenade type, the M441 shell that you remove will look like the elongated grenade type of the HELLHOUND but with the M441 texture. So this is just a visual error and it only happens on the initial swap.

There are also some strange bulk problems with certain loadout combinations that start you off with full stamina, but register a decreased stamina if you were to drop your weapon and pick it back up.
And I recently learned about a bug with the new USG pistol. If you reload the USG while aimed, you will no longer be able to jump with the USG in hand unless you drop it and pick it up again. Oddly, this doesn't happen with the Soldier Plus mutator active.

These bugs I've mentioned are attributed to what some may refer to as inept programming :p

jayhova

Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
The magazine issue occurred when I equipped with an AK with a drum mag and then tried to switch to regular mags I recovered. I'll try and reproduce this error.

The grenade launcher bug is only noticeable when playing vs bots as human players just won't attempt to penetrate a wall with grenades. You have to be standing right next to the wall when it happens.

STELLAR 7

Why the urge to improve yourself?
Nov 17, 2005
The recoil thing is actually your eye level being translated directly down a certain level when you fire, as if you tightened up and crouched down slightly. Again, this seems intentional. It's not actually rotating your view as is the case when you let the recoil overcome your mouse control and you begin to look up.
For the ammo switch, what key are you pressing? Reloading will work for AKM when one type runs out, but you must use ActivateAttachment for AKMSU.

jayhova

Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
The recoil thing is actually your eye level being translated directly down a certain level when you fire, as if you tightened up and crouched down slightly. Again, this seems intentional. It's not actually rotating your view as is the case when you let the recoil overcome your mouse control and you begin to look up.
For the ammo switch, what key are you pressing? Reloading will work for AKM when one type runs out, but you must use ActivateAttachment for AKMSU.

OK, I didn't think to try that. It seems counter intuitive that your guy doesn't just select the mag that has the most ammo. I guess this is more of an annoyance than a bug. I have taken it off the list.

The POV shift however is bugged. Real life just doesn't work like that. In all the years I have shot guns I have never once shrunk a inch every time I fired. Recoil disrupts several things but doesn't make you shorter.