Unreal early cuts: Pictures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
No way, they had it on disks, and backup drives. Someone at the Epic department has it stashed away among those 1,000+ cans of mon'ton dew! It must be there!

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
Fleshdance rocked
He is like the mapper i looked up to waaaaaaay back in the u1 times :)
Loved most of his work and liked the other :)

*missz0r him*

Ah well
I miss the old #unrealed to but that aint comming back
I miss the somewhat "small" u1 community when everyone knew eachother
I miss the ... hell i miss the whole old community :(

Ah well... The show must go on

BTW, i mailed Marik Rein asking for some pics or movies or whatever. He hasnt got back to me yet though (as i just pressed the "send" button"...)

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
Those were the days eh? Fleshdance's maps were unrivalled, he certainly deserves to be doing it professionally, which as I say I believe he is now.

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
I might get in touch, see what he's up to now. Been a long while, but last I heard his then current map had been snapped up by some company or dev team while it was still in progress for their project. I have no idea who it was, or for what game. He was very excited, and hinted at getting a job doing what he loves, but never said anything concrete. That's all I know.

Lonewolfe

Oct 25, 2001
Linden,Va
Visit site
Hello all agian sounds like everyone here is comming up with idea's i remeber some of the people you mentioned ..But am I in the wrong place sounds like everyone here are envoled in game mapping or development ...but the reading is very interesting ..Did they ever make a demo of unreal 1 ????
thanks all

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
I think a demo of U1 was released a year after it was released... not sure though as i didnt hear anything more about it :)

As i recall Fleshdance got tired of the community and left... mebby im wrong (i hope im wrong)

hey you-who-said-you-were-gonna-contact-him, you ever got a message trough?

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
Haven't had a chance to email him yet Drevlin. Hope he still uses the same email account...
I'll let you know.

me-who-said-I-would-contact-him

;)