cache or downloading

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

singleknight

Dec 18, 2000
Visit site
when I play online, I often have to download some of the new levels. I cannot play these levels on my practice mode. Did I really download it? or is it a temp. file? Is there a way to convert it if that's what it really is? thanks in advance.

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
When you download something from servers, it is not saved in the approriate folders; instead they are stored at 'cache' folder.

By default, UT will erase them in 30 days. You can change them to whatever day you wish in UnrealTournament.ini. Setting it to 0 will make cache stay pernament.

There are good programs made out there, but you can also put files into approriate folders manually.

Manual way: Open up cache.ini in the cache folder of UT, and you'll see weird filenames ending with .uxx and then a thing pointing to what it really is. So let's say 'zxlig0ae7025125.uxx' points to a map called CTF-MyFirstN00bieMap.

Now look for that weird .uxx file and rename it to the actual name (for this example, 'zxlig0ae7025125.uxx' would become CTF-MyFirstN00bieMap.unr) After renaming, put them into approriate folders. (.unr files would go to Maps folder)

See? Do the same for others.

Advice: NEVER put CSHPs or other commonly used mods/muators such as BDB MapVote into System folder. Just leave them be, or you'll get barrage of 'Version Mismatch' errors.

Hope this helps, and welcome to PuF! :)

Edit: Butress I beat you to it! :D

Butress

The Bearer of Humpage
Jan 13, 2000
Visit site
in yer cache log it'll tell you what each cache item is.. just rename and move what you want under the correct name and yer golden.

:)

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
To make it even more easy you can use UT Cache manager.
That tiny little proggy is attached with this post.

T

Terminal {DTH}

Hmmm..... that would go a LONG way tword explaining why i have more then 50 caches. very informitive thank you. "]