RA v2, concerning possible RC-50 removal?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will getting rid of the RC-50 be an improvement for an RA server?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • No.

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
More thoughts...

Okay, if you aren't going to remove it (which is okay with me) I think that there should be a delay when shouldering it. Like the prone hopping of 2.85. The Team fixed that with 2.86. Make the robar similar to that. Also, increase the zoom to where you can only see a single target and it would be easy to lose them. Yurch, I don't know if you could do it, but could you slow down the aiming animation to about 1.5 seconds, maybe longer? Make it sort of similar to lag. Oh well, whatever you decide to do, it isn't going to keep me off AFA.:)

FunkyShyte

Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by yurch
I don't see how inertia is very realistic - I never have held a weapon that continued to move notably as I turned...
I personally think its target aquisition thats too easy with the thing
what i would expect from weapon inertia:
an effect that makes the point-and-click feel go away. of course your rifle wont continue moving on its own. that would be lame and very hard to bring on point. and unrealistic.
as i understand it it means that your view will just have to zero itself (automatically in the game) after turning significantly. you just cant bring the rifle from 20°/s to 0 and perfectly on point in less then 1/4 second.
something that makes the aiming progress less instant.

less instakilling. that would be great. *G*

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Originally posted by Snake13
what about my idea of making like 7.62?
It's an interesting idea that shouldn't take me more than half an hour; implementing lower damage (equal to PSG) and fixed scope zoom (slightly higher than PSG) while slicing the bulk quite noticeably would make it nearly like the M40.

Maybe we should post a new poll: "Do you want Olethros to neglect work and christmas shopping to develop a really unrealistic mutator to make the RC50 behave like the M40?" :D

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
I am all for any adjustments that would allow for more firefights with assault weapons at long range maps instead of the usual "Oh its Vietnam. Break out the RC50s" type of BS.

DarkSniper

Do something other than design levels?
Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
Storm please do not force me to use my knife by removal of the robar. I primarily use an M16 (no m203, or acog) but on occasion I enjoy the robar. It is difficult to make any shots other than though out controled ones on the server. I see no need to remove it.

FunkyShyte

Nov 5, 2000
a bit late but roflmao nevertheless!

[Q]

"...Recently announced Itanium-plated armor vests will reportedly melt the bullet before it ever comes into contact with the material..."

---
[/Q]