[Series] The Walking Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
So are they actually going to fight zombies soon or are they just going to whine and bitch at each other each episode? Every episode shows people getting ready to do something for the entire hour and then they finally start to do something in the last 5 minutes before it's cut off and you won't know what happens until the next episode. It's a bait and switch over and over again.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Dude. She said that because she knew he would do it anyway. Like the real world, every person here has a flaw and Rick's is he always has to be on a mission and be the hero. This is how he becomes the de facto leader of the group, but it will also lead to very disastrous results. Lori, on the other hand is a selfish bitch and shouldn't have married a police officer in the first place. Hopefully, she gets chomped sooner rather than later! :p

I have read all the comics up to this point, so as long as the story stays somewhat true to the comics, I know how it's all gonna go down. The show does deviate from the comics quite a bit in places. For example; in the comics, Lori wasn't sleeping with Shane, Glenn was the only scavenger sent to Atlanta (thus the 'handcuffed-redneck' subplot never happened) and the whole car alarm diversion never happened (in fact, Rick and Glenn traveled back to the camp on foot.)

The following is a HUGE spoiler and will ruin this series for you if you really don't want to know what's going to happen. If you don't want that to happen, avoid this spoiler box.

After a while, the current camp they are staying in becomes unsecure, so they start moving around a lot more. Eventually they set up camp in a prison run by a sinister man who calls himself The Governor.

The Governor tortures Rick and chops one of his hands off, which causes the rest of the group to assault the prison. In the assault several of the main characters die, including Lori, Rick's wife.

After all of this goes down, Rick leads what is left of the group to Washington D.C., where the group is invited to stay in a secure town on the outskirts that is run by a former Congressman. Rick becomes the town's Constable.

The comic series is still ongoing. At this point, the town is threatened by a zombie horde that massed near it following a bandit attack. More will come.

Last edited:

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
So are they actually going to fight zombies soon or are they just going to whine and bitch at each other each episode?

This is pretty much the show. Zombies are just the backdrop as humanity kills itself. So you may want to quit watching it.

I have read all the comics up to this point...

Dude you should read those comics again. Lori did sleep with Shane once, and the Governor did not run the prison - we ran a fortified town called Woodbury, which Rick and crew run into because Rick couldn't leave well enough alone and just had to check out the helicopter crash.

Also, BRUCE WILLIS WAS A GHOST THE WHOLE TIME!

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Dude you should read those comics again. Lori did sleep with Shane once, and the Governor did not run the prison - we ran a fortified town called Woodbury, which Rick and crew run into because Rick couldn't leave well enough alone and just had to check out the helicopter crash

Eh, it's been a long time since I've read them and I was pulling from memory. Sorry if I mangled some stuff. I remembered Woodbury and the Prison being the same place, and did not remember Lori's little slumming party.

And... Sixth Sense spoiler joke aside, where's the spoiler tag?

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I guess they're too stupid to have a lookout at night. This episode was better minus the stupid fishing story at the beginning.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I was expecting the blonde sister to jump up and bite her sister any second, but it never happened :(

I wonder what drew the zombies to the camp. Seems odd that such a big horde would just come out of nowhere, though I suppose Merle could have something to do with it.

Great episode over all.

I was expecting the blonde sister to jump up and bite her sister any second, but it never happened :(

I wonder what drew the zombies to the camp. Seems odd that such a big horde would just come out of nowhere, though I suppose Merle could have something to do with it.

Perhaps they followed the car alarm from the previous episode and just took a long time to follow the sound. They are slow, after all.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I just watched the latest two episodes over the weekend after watching the "Dawn of the Dead" remake the other night. I guess I was in that zombie mood.;) I kinda missed out on some of their names though. Which one's Rick and which one's Glenn?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
interesting how Rick was partially responsible for that one dude's brother losing his hand in the TV episode and now Rick is expected to lose his own later on in the TV series.
:eek:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
The ending was pretty intense but retarded at the same time. Did they just give up on the whole lookout thing they had going or what? And how does a horde of zombies sneak up on a group of people like that? They are not exactly sneaky. Hell most of em are probably dragging their feet, stepping on leaves, moaning, etc... And no trip lines with cans and crap around the perimeter to alert them of invasions?