It IS fun....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Last night I saw JD was playing and so I jumped in the game and followed him to a server. We played a really close game of GrendelKeep and then laughed our butts off in a 32 bots with Titan enabled match on Face. It was probably the most fun I've ever had playing UT3, proving that the game actually can be fun. We also had DannyMeister see us playing and follow us in-game.

So all you butts saying the game isn't fun can shut up now. :)

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
UT3 can be fun. The problem is that for me it has to compete with UT99, UT 2004, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Savage 2. Sins has been my top game for the past two years and the FREE melee-style FPS Savage 2 has pushed aside UT 2004 as my default "play it when no one is playing Sins or you just want to play for 1/2 an hour where you can find populated servers with 30 people on them 24/7 game" .

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I really like the concept behind Savage, I played it at S2's booth at E3 2003 for quite a while and it is great when you can actually fill up a server for it.

The problem for me is finding a good server with people that know what they are doing and having plenty of people to play with. 4v4 in Savage just doesn't cut it.

Anyway, UT3 is more fun then all of those games you listed so stop whining and start playing! :[]

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
So all you butts saying the game isn't fun can shut up now. :)

I could be playing online or offline, and either way the game is STILL fun as hell. I am starting to get bored with the offline though, so I might start playing online now.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
k

Just so you know, just because you have laughed your ass off to a game makes it good.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
k

Just so you know, just because you have laughed your ass off to a game makes it good.
It's an indication of having a good time. Maybe for you that is calculating the cosine of the angle to which the bullet leaves the gun and the vector at which it will strike your opponent along with the precise amount of damage that will be done to him when using iron sights and on the fly. But for most people, just casually or competitively enjoying the game is more important. :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's an indication of having a good time. Maybe for you that is calculating the cosine of the angle to which the bullet leaves the gun and the vector at which it will strike your opponent along with the precise amount of damage that will be done to him when using iron sights and on the fly. But for most people, just casually or competitively enjoying the game is more important. :p

Well put sir. But my days of enjoying said product is out of possibility. :(

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
But for most people, just casually or competitively enjoying the game is more important. :p

BROTHER SPEAKS THE TRUTH. Holy crap was I ever waiting for someone to say that! Well, someone with more credibility than me, that is...

Rohit

May 29, 2008
Meh. Yesterday I played a bot match in UT99.

I deleted UT3 immediately after when I realized it was taking up 8 GB of space trying to provide an experience that 700 MB had been doing better.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
I'll be back when the next UT is announced. See ya.

Amazing, you'd think a UT3 hater would be begging Epic to NOT make another UT.

It would be like watching a movie. The movie's awesome, and when the sequel comes out, you like it, although you think it's not as good as the first movie. Then the third movie comes out and you despise it. You tell some people that "OMG, 'Some Movie 3' was horrible compared to 'Some Movie 1,' I'm never watching it again" and then tell them to call you when "Some Movie 4" comes out. Logic what.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Amazing, you'd think a UT3 hater would be begging Epic to NOT make another UT.

It would be like watching a movie. The movie's awesome, and when the sequel comes out, you like it, although you think it's not as good as the first movie. Then the third movie comes out and you despise it. You tell some people that "OMG, 'Some Movie 3' was horrible compared to 'Some Movie 1,' I'm never watching it again" and then tell them to call you when "Some Movie 4" comes out. Logic what.
We've got FragBU running TONIGHT and since you praise the game so much, we should expecting you to be there, right?. D:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=192595