Eurofighter defeats two F-15E's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
the f15e is the best us fighter? really? all those newer ones from lockhead are all **** then?

and hey, geogob is right, the pilot could just be better, which in my mind is still a defeat, not of the plane, but of the airforce ;).

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
F-15E's are general purpose planes - they can be configured to be just about anything. Since they're kind of a jack of all trades, they're not exactly the best dogfighters when compared to, say the F-16. In any case, I think this was already simulated waaay back in the day, wasn't it?

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Ravens hawk, probably the same amount of damage a computer virus could do :p

On a more serious note, I love russian planes. Espescially those Sukhoi's that can fly vertical and go for a looping pretty much directly after taking off. That's just neat.

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
"The best fighter in the world" doesn't necessarily mean the best dogfighter in the world. Anybody who knows anything about fighter planes would bet against the F-15 in a dogfight between it and either the EF2000, F-16 or F/A-18 without a second thought. The F-15 was originally designed as an interceptor and air superiority fighter with emphasis on speed, time-to-altitude, range and BVR radar and armament capability and not for close-quarters gunfighting.

The only surprise in this incidence is the fact that the EF2000 was out-numbered 2 to 1 and started from an unfavorable position (According to the article, at least.) but still managed to come out on top.

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Olethros said:
"The best fighter in the world" doesn't necessarily mean the best dogfighter in the world.

And it means even less if something else is missing. Maybe your pilot training sucks because there's too little fuel for training? Or perhaps your understaffed technicians have too little spare parts and experience?

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Maybe the F22 is a great fighter but the way it costs so much more than the eurofighter will hurt. Mainly because the money will come from eduction and healthcare again :p

I don't see the fuss on having the best fighter just yet. War has changed.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
War has indeed changed at the moment. The problem though it is going to change again.

Start reading up the tensions with China. Right now these big expendatures is aimed at China.

Rostam

May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Well yeah, China rocks :)
They probably will be the superpower soon enough, often I feel it changing already. But for some very silly reason I believe that if there ever comes a war between the US and China that software is going to play a bigger importance than hardware like this :p

No not virtual war or something, just the fact that the more you rely on technology the less power you really have.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Rostam said:
But for some very silly reason I believe that if there ever comes a war between the US and China that software is going to play a bigger importance than hardware like this :p
You sir, have been watching too much sci-fi.