[GRUDGEMATCH] Jethro Tull -vs- Charles Babbage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who kicks the other guy's ass?

• Jethro Tull.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Charles Babbage.

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Charles Babbage -VS- Jethro Tull

Tull, Jethro 1674 -- 1741
Agriculturist, born in Basildon, Berkshire, S England, UK. He studied at Oxford, and became a lawyer, but turned to farming. He introduced several new farming methods, including the invention of a seed drill which planted seeds in rows (1701).

FIGHTS

Babbage, Charles 1791 -- 1871
Mathematician and inventor, born in London, England, UK. He studied at Cambridge, where he became professor of mathematics (1828--39), and spent most of his life attempting to build two calculating machines. His "difference engine' was intended for the calculation of tables of logarithms and similar functions by repeated addition performed by trains of gear wheels. An unfinished portion of the machine is now in the Science Museum, London. His "analytical engine' was designed to perform many different computations, using punched cards. The idea was too ambitious to be realized by the mechanical devices available at the time, but can now be seen to be the essential germ of the electronic computer of today, and Babbage is thus regarded as the pioneer of modern computers.

Who wins?

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Babbage wins! Not only is he younger as a corpse (thus stronger) but he also made computars, without which my life would be empty and meaningless. Screw vegetables, i barely eat those anyway.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I need to stick up for Tull here.... he was a big burly farmer with an oxford education. He coulda pounded Babbage into the ground with a well crafted farming implement any day of the week. Especially if he looked anything like that freaky guy on the cover of AquaLung ;)

Neuroflare

Brewer - Patriot
Jun 21, 2001
I dunno
wod.beyondunreal.com
Tull may be stronger, but then the Doc has a point about Babbage's being a younger corpse.

Not only was Tull a big burly farmer. He was a big, burly, farming LAWYER. That's hard core.

I'm witholding judgement until I can sort through the facts more.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
His name isn't Charles. And so what if Charles shot you in the foot? Get a new one you big baby.