UT2007: 11 Things Epic needs to do right.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
and yes... they also need to spend less polys on the guns and more on the game.

I hate it when a billion trillion polys are wasted ona gun whose details I might never even look at or notice.

I'd much rather have more detail on the rest of the game, just the guns dont get to suck cuz of it.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
JohnDoe641 said:
Most of your posts are pitiful, the Ltg however, is not.
You really did not have to offend me like that. Even though most of my posts/sentences are filled with immature bullsh*t doesn't mean you have to step up into my face and be an *sshole. That's just more immature than the ''pitiful'' words coming out of my mouth. I am not expecting a sorry to pop out of you, mostly because I don't expect anything from people like you. However, I expect you to stop being offensive.

PS: If that was an attempt to be funny, you failed to amuse me.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Ugh.... Stop with the witch burning festival... also, I'll remind you (meaning everyone reading) like I did in OT that swear filter dodging is NOT ACCEPTABLE and will result in RO or banning if it is continued.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Rk. said:
You really did not have to offend me like that. Even though most of my posts/sentences are filled with immature bullsh*t doesn't mean you have to step up into my face and be an *sshole. That's just more immature than the ''pitiful'' words coming out of my mouth. I am not expecting a sorry to pop out of you, mostly because I don't expect anything from people like you. However, I expect you to stop being offensive.

PS: If that was an attempt to be funny, you failed to amuse me.
That's quite a pitifully abusive post. However i do concur with the man with the drinker's initials.

Why is that people who swear call other people who don't immature? The irony is strong.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
Well, I called myself immature, and I am. But that doesn't mean he isn't.

But I'd rather not start a large flame war here, so if you(or anyone) have something to say to me about this, PM me instead and I'll flame you(or anyone else) there :p

Dark Pulse said:
9) Headshots. A little off the beaten path here, but Headshots simply don't work quite as well as they used to. While I realize with UT it was a bit cheap and pretty easy to pop heads, in 2kx some shots that SHOULD... don't. If I shoot someone in the jaw in real life, it's probably going to incapacitate or kill them. It's not going to be like any other old body hit. Simply put, if you hit the head ANYWHERE, it should be a Headshot. Forehead = Headshot. Nose = Headshot. Ear = Headshot, though in this case if it Grazed them, I could see it doing less damage, since potentially it won't go through the brain. Simply put, if this thing touches the brain at some point, it's a Headshot. If your Physics is capable of getting people to stick to Scorpion Shears, this should be easy to do a trace to see where the bullet would go through the model. Half the fun of UT was running around and dealing death like this, a feeling that's oh-so-missed in the current installment.
@ Dark Pulse: Wow, I usually used that to excuse my crappy aim. Maybe... I don't suck after all?:O

Last edited:

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
edhe said:
But it's so much more fun in the open where you have to watch the clock before the thread lock happens ;)
I don't fancy getting owned public :shy:
And yeah, the thread lock is very mean aswell : o

Last edited:

empty_other

Oct 19, 2004
Glowskin/visible discussion:
It aint possible to become as visible as it was in UT. UT2x walls are filled with all matters of objects and details, and in 2007 its getting even worse. In UT every person had a flat, only 65536 (rarely) colors wall to be spotted against. Now even when they are more colorful (orange, azure, red, green/gold) they are still harder to spot.
I see it as one of the games challenges, instead of having only one challenge; hit my cursor on the target. And glowstick games just looks to ugly...

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
That's why they need to ensure that the stock skins are bright and defined enough with good (consistant among all models) shades of red/blue (or whatever) that stick out.

Playtesting needs to be done to ensure that the models are visible enough, and mappers need to ensure that they don't provide dodgy maps that can hide folks of a certain colouring. And CTF mappers, ffs, need to ensure that they don't make half the map entirely blue lit and the other half entirely redlit...

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
edhe said:
And CTF mappers, ffs, need to ensure that they don't make half the map entirely blue lit and the other half entirely redlit...

Amen my kilt-cladded brother!

As I've said many times, love them or hate them, glowskicks was a godsend for us colorblind people. Playing without them (even with Epic Brightskins) could make it impossible at time to see anyone. Red is even worse than Blue, since most colorblind people have problems distinguishing between reds and greens (and similarly shaded colors).

One option I would LOVE to see implemented in the game is the ability to manually set your own colors. For instance, if the teams have red or blue color armor, you can enter a screen much like you do for UTComp, and change the team's armor colors. So instead of having armor that's red or blue, you can change team colors to something like yellow and pink or whatever color is easier for you to see. You won't have the "glowstick" effect, but you will be able to better eliminate problem colors.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Renegade Retard said:
Amen my kilt-cladded brother!

As I've said many times, love them or hate them, glowskicks was a godsend for us colorblind people. Playing without them (even with Epic Brightskins) could make it impossible at time to see anyone. Red is even worse than Blue, since most colorblind people have problems distinguishing between reds and greens (and similarly shaded colors).

One option I would LOVE to see implemented in the game is the ability to manually set your own colors. For instance, if the teams have red or blue color armor, you can enter a screen much like you do for UTComp, and change the team's armor colors. So instead of having armor that's red or blue, you can change team colors to something like yellow and pink or whatever color is easier for you to see. You won't have the "glowstick" effect, but you will be able to better eliminate problem colors.
Personally, I think you should at least be able to choose colors based on four teams, so you can have red vs blue as green vs red for all the game cares.

I think having too many options of color is a bad thing though, as certain colors have quite an advantage over other colors all the time.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
I think having too many options of color is a bad thing though, as certain colors have quite an advantage over other colors all the time.

Not necessarily IMO. Of course, it may just be due to my situation.

For me, there is no one color that works for all maps. I usually sue yellow glowskins, because a majority of the maps are dark. However, if we play something like CTF-Ferris, where the terrain is a light tan/green/whatever color, the yellows become hard to see, and I have to change my glowskins to different colors.

Again, that may just be me, though.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Renegade Retard said:
Not necessarily IMO. Of course, it may just be due to my situation.

For me, there is no one color that works for all maps. I usually sue yellow glowskins, because a majority of the maps are dark. However, if we play something like CTF-Ferris, where the terrain is a light tan/green/whatever color, the yellows become hard to see, and I have to change my glowskins to different colors.

Again, that may just be me, though.
Possibly. I'm just thinking that in my own situation, a bright, bright green (almost yellow) would be impossible to miss on 99.99999% of maps out there. That already gives you a huge advantage over someone that prefers a dimmer color of red.