Those Morons at HP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Having purchased one of their hp-psc-1210 printer/scanner/copiers I was in the middle of installation when I couldn't help but notice they hadn't included a USB line to connect it with...

...upon further scrutiny of the box it came in, I finally noticed on the side of the box, in fine print, at the end of the list marked "contents" the statement that a USB line was not included...really, by all rights this should have been in a list marked "un-included" or "dis-included" or something...

I blame myself, of course...for some silly reason I assumed that a device designed work with your computer would have some means by which you could actually connect to said computer...

perhaps I should blame society? After all, I've been conditioned that whenever I have purchased a device meant to work with batteries, that did not include the batteries, the packaging has always said so in large, colorful print on the front of the box...

Anyway, I wrote to HP suggesting that they also stop including the power cord, and explain this to the customer via a small card inside the box, contained in an envelope marked "beware of the tiger"...

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
darth_weasel said:
roshi x made an identical thread before

time to kill yourself

Hey, don't give me a hard time!...while, admittedly, this is the first printer or scanner I've bought with a USB connection, the other printers and scanners I've purchased that used the P2 parallel port always came with the connector...I was not expecting this.

The only other USB device I've purchased was a SanDisk, and the USB cable was part of the device.

Don't get smug with me, young man!!...I was building Z80 based PC's while you were still in diapers... :)

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Sorry...I'm hoplessly infatuated with her...I saw her without makeup once in CA, before she went national...

What can I say?...at least the character of Elvira is, to me, the perfect woman...

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Whenever I see or hear of Elvira, the woman, I think of the country song by the same name. El-VI-RUH!

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
oosyxxx said:
What about Rhonda Sheer?

Yes, Iknow..love her, hell Elvira here...Look, dammit!...elvira simply wins...

give us the reality, an stop pissing about...Loook dick, my turn tooo...oh ****..

WHAT THE HELLL

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
NO PRINTERS come with a usb cable. or any other cable other than power cable, be it hp or not. i think it was because most printers have (or had) more than one way to connect it to the computer.

AND

since most mobos still sport the vintage LPT ports and serial connectors machines are obliged to leave the cable out of the box. besides, i usually have left over usb cables lying around anyway, so i'd rather not pay more for the printer to have a 6ft cable included (and because i need 10ft ones anyway)

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
BS my stony, reptilian friend...every printer I have ever purchased that used LPT1 came with a cable...hell, my IBM scanner came with one too...