Renegade X Media Update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
The GDI tank in the rear view of shot 2 - is it just me or is that thing really flipped by its side with its turret cannon clipping the chassis?

Sorry, for the arse-worthy comment. :eek: Regardless, these pics make some really great wallpapers - good job on the mod, Renegade team! :)

blindrob

Jan 5, 2005
Awesome, I can not wait for this to come out.
Good to see it's still being worked on.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
what's with the red, green and white outlines on objects ?

and why are those players jumping around as if they're on fire ? It's not UT ...

blindrob

Jan 5, 2005

and why are those players jumping around as if they're on fire ? It's not UT ...
You're right. It's renegade. That's how the game was played.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected

It looked kind of hard to see a flame tank when it was torching your screen. The outline is probably used to help aim and shoot at that tank.

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
The GDI tank in the rear view of shot 2 - is it just me or is that thing really flipped by its side with its turret cannon clipping the chassis?

Sorry, for the arse-worthy comment. :eek: Regardless, these pics make some really great wallpapers - good job on the mod, Renegade team! :)

It is just you. That is the MRLS. It's a tank which pretty much has a huge Rocket Launcher on the back. So it looks as though from this distance/angle some sort of clipping issues.

Mighty BOB!

Deranged Weasel
Hi guys. Thanks for the comments.

In Renegade a simple box outline would appear over friendlies/enemies/neutrals when you aimed your cursor at them (and would stay there for a few seconds afterward). We just took it to the next step and made it a full-object outline.

@Black_Seeds: Look right above the medium tank on the hill behind it. There really is a tank flipped on its side (and it looks like yes the barrel is doing some clipping). I'm not sure how that happened as I wasn't in that particular playtesting session haha.

Last edited: