A Bombing Run mutator...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Ok, I'm making a mutator that will kind of simulate the 2k4 experience so we can all try it out. What kind of options and configurable things should this mutator have? I will remove all TL charges when the ball is picked up and then if the ball is caught by someone else I will add them back. What you all think?? :)

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
edhe said:
For the sake of christ remove the team respawn on score... talk about destroying the flow...

I think that needs to be in there...

It's a sports game. After the goal is scored, you face off again.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
you dont lose your weapons lol

you just return to respawn
and it is necessary

basically the team that starts out behind would have a pain in the ass getting anything done because whoever scored the goal on them would just camp in the base to score again

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Heh, well shows how much I play BR!!!

Just thought that's what he meant by that comment... I mean it makes sense to me, you start back at your beginning position like you would in a real sports game.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I should make it so that you have 30 seconds to get back to your base and if you don't make it you suicide and respawn there :p I've almost got a prelim version done.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm not putting that in lol

Here is the first version I have. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test this and tell me if you find any bugs!! It doesn't seem to work right with bots...but I can't tell, so test it with bots if you must and let me know if it's working or not, I beg you!!

Also, just copy the files in this archive to the UT2003\System folder. The changes that are made follows.

1. Once you pick up the ball, 0 charges.
2. If you pass the ball, even if it misses, you get 5 back.
3. If you toss it without passing, you get slightly fater TL recharge for a short time.

#3 is kind of sporadic. It's 1 second intervals and it happens whenever you have more than 0 charges it drops down .10 per second. The default is 0.30, I change it to 0.40, and then back to 0.30 after you get one.

like I said REPORT BUGS PLEASE!!!!! ASAP!!!!! I need to have this perfect by Saturday!

Attachments

• TransDrainer.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 7

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Why cant we just turn the BR ball into an M&M's guy....or a little yoda...or some talking head.

Some little guy who screams when you throw him in the air.
Just a thought.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
ooh please make me a mutator where the ball turns into an m&m! with a configure button for changing between peanut/regular and color variations!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ok there are some extremely bad bugs in this version of the mutator when playing multiplayer. I've fixed all but a cosmetic bug that I'm working on right now, and will re-release tonight.

NitrousOxide

Mar 19, 2003
UK
Visit site
How about...

Making the ball more bouncy?
Make it class based?
Making abilities of player determined by how much health they have (health regenerated when you hold ball or are in your half of map, you never get fragged and respawn)?

OK, I admit it, the latter two ideas are things that I've wanted to see incorporated into Deathball for a long time! However, DavidM has blatently refused to ever add them...