CTF help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

*IX*Damage

Dec 22, 1999
Visit site
Ok, how do I make my shiny new level a CTF, complete with team specific Player starts?
Also, how do I name the different areas?
Any help is greatly appreciated : )

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
Unfortunately, you are asking for a LOT of info /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. And because CTF is new with UT I don't think there are any tutorials yet. Really, the thing to do is get very comfortable with the editor (there are plenty of manuals for that) for a regular Deathmatch game. Then take that knowledge and open up a capture the flag game and take a peak at the new objects. Flags, there are probably some zoneinfo changes, I think there are specific pathnodes for CTF so bots know what to do. hmm...

Oh yeah, for player starts you can just open up their 'playerstart' menu and set 'team' to 0 or 1. I think all blues start at 0s and reds at 1s.

And besides technical difficulties there are plenty of factors regarding what makes a good CTF game in design and layout (but you'll find plenty of manuals for those from other games that have CTF that have been around a while).

[This message has been edited by mute (edited 12-22-1999).]