Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Shaun of the Dead. The movie's good, but not nearly as funny and especially not clever as everyone makes it out to be. It had me snickering in a few scenes, but a lot of the humour also left me completely cold. Bonus points for notable performances by Bill Nighy and Penelope Wilton - pleasantly standing out from the rest of the alright cast. 7/10

Shaun Of The Dead is a movie you should watch with friends to get the right effect. The same goes for Hot Fuzz.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Diamonds are Forever 6/10
Pretty much only entertaining for those who like the campier aspects of the Bond movie series. I liked it and often had to giggle when watching it. The two assassins are gold.:)

Jeremia Johnson 7.5/10
Not true to what is said to be the source material, but it's so off it has to be seen as a movie inspired by it rather than a movie trying to retell it. A bit like Ravenous, which has nothing to do with the Donner party but no one complained about historical inaccuracies in that one.
As a movie Jeremia Johnson is beautiful and poetic.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Terminator Salvation - 7.5/10

While the visual effects in this movie were great, the story just seemed to be 'ok'.

One of my biggest complaints about this movies is that Christian Bale (John Connor) and Sam Worthington (Marcus Wright) look so god damned alike, It took me a while to figure out that they are two different actors. I figured it was scene jumping without explaining why this next scene needed to happen.

However both actors did a good job (except for Christian Bale's sweet 'batman' voice), I think they should have cast two people who looked alittle more different for the main two roles.

It is a solid movie though, and I would recommend it.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Journey to the Centre of the Earth - 3D 6/10

Passable but my eyes hurt. Home 3D really doesn't pass muster. The 8-year old rated it much more highly.

Coraline 7/10

The slow-burn first half and "scary" bits make it unsuitable for younger children but this is a fine production for older more imaginative children (especially if they are also cat lovers:)).

Some of it is an acquired taste but I enjoyed it.

Romeo + Juliet 6.5/10

A decent enough production, somewhat hampered by the casting of Romeo and far too indulgent in its own cleverness (fun for a bit but it starts to grate after a while.)

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Terminator: Salvation 2/10

Explosions. Lots of them.
John Connor only got to be a main character because Marcus interacted with him. Marcus was a far more interesting character. Plot was weaksauce, filled up with CG spectacle to not look completely horrible. Tragic.

Equilibrium 6.5/10

Pretty hilarious with the gunplay stuff. After Terminator this was a welcome change, even though Christian Bale's emotional range was pretty much the same in this flick.

The Thing 25/10

Awesome. That is all. Beautiful how the interaction between characters and build-up was the horror and not the cheesy cheap scares that horror films tend to use.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Equilibrium 6.5/10

Pretty hilarious with the gunplay stuff. After Terminator this was a welcome change, even though Christian Bale's emotional range was pretty much the same in this flick.
They played the suppressed emotions part really good. ;)

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
The Abyss SE 8.5/10

The special edition is fairly worthless. It doesn't add anything worthwhile to the film, and in my opinion even spoils it slightly.

Shaun of the Dead. The movie's good, but not nearly as funny and especially not clever as everyone makes it out to be. It had me snickering in a few scenes, but a lot of the humour also left me completely cold. Bonus points for notable performances by Bill Nighy and Penelope Wilton - pleasantly standing out from the rest of the alright cast. 7/10

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Most people I know consider it to be comic genius - I just don't get it.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Iron man: 8/10

Shame about it being a tad too predictable, especially the ending. But overall a fun movie, and robert downey jr. really played his part very well. Same can be said for bridges and palthrow, but downey was better.

Gwyneth palthrow was very sexy as a redhead.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Dance Flick: 4/10 - Just a terrible little movie, all the funny scenes were spoiled in the trailers and all the humor was 'forced' too much.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Angels and Demons- 6/10

Really just more of the same. I did enjoy the story in the book but this movie comes across as a bit of an apology for Catholicism. I can't remember the book being that strong on that angle. Nice locations....

Days of Heaven- 6/10

This slow story is definitely a film of it's time. I can't work out why it's supposed to be one of the most critically acclaimed films of all time though. Some of the camera work is probably interesting for when the film was made. Apart from that.....................

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Doom 7.99/10 Oh heck 8

Enjoyed watching this more than I expected to. The setting and mood was spot on Doom 3. The mars labs looked pretty realistic. I'm not sure if the whole "demons from a stargate" thing would've translated well to a movie ? I didn't mind the twist in the storyline.

It all comes down to personal taste, so yeah I liked the movie. Not overly, but it's ok in my book.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
An 8? Are you nuts?:lol:
In my opinion every bonus point the Rock drove home was crunched by the Lord of the Rings dude, and I didn't take as kindly to the change in the story as you did. Why would a demon portal not work in a movie like this? Believability could hardly have been the issue...

Hitch 7/10
Funny first two thirds, cheesy, annoying last third. Like every chick-flick romantic comedy that doesn't take place on a highschool or a college, in which case it's cheesy and annoying all the way through.:rolleyes:
Sarcasm aside, I thought except for the end it was a funny movie.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yep, I'm nuts. I don't know ,it just didn't bother me. Probably the first game-movie I could bare watching.

Well ok, guess 8 is indeed too high. It just worked for me, so I'll go to 7.5
Worst game-movie I've watched had to be streetfighter. Only one point I can award it, basically because of "comic value".

Last edited:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
While Doom didn't deliver on my expectations, it's still a solid movie that I watch from time to time. :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I picked up and went "oh what the hell". Of course it's braindead, it's based on a shooter with an incredibly thin story but.... like I said, the setting/mood were spot on.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:

About Schmidt: 9

Jack nicholson, a monument, plays the part of a retired insurance actuary who suddenly loses his wife and has to comes to terms with the "new" reality which awaits him. His daughter is about to get married, but he isn't really happy with her choice. After nearly sinking away in the loneliness of retirement, he decides to take the mobilehome he had "partially bought" for his departed wife, visit his daugher and talk the whole wedding plans out of her head.
But the trip takes a few unsuspected turns, and confronts him with the person he is deep inside.

Ah hell, it's jack nicholson at his best. Once again. And kathy bates.
The ending of this movie is simply put beautiful. Very beautiful.