ODIE3's Ghost Dogs Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
damm no ! you have a previous version on GD !

wtf????? im 100% sure that you had the good map in the past... but now its not the cmaps.De anymore . i just checked

:eek:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Vega-Don,

I *had* to change the name for me to change the CAMMOs. If I change the name back Bastillestation Webadmin can not set the cammo.

This is what happened to me and NTBK. He asked me to change the cammos. I did it and did not think twice about it. Then a day later NTBK said when are you going to change the Cammos. So I just thought I did not save the new cammo settings.

Then while NTBK was on the server, I changed the cammo's, set WebAdmin to Bastillestation and clicked Apply. The Server re-started to Bastillestation with the new Cammo's. I thought good it worked. However when the server rotated back to Bastillestation the Cammo's where the defaults. It was strange but changing cammo's on Bastillestation would only work *once*.

Then I remembered that I changed the name of Bastille to Bastillestation by right clicking on it and chosing "rename". I did this to keep the beta map files different and from people getting mis-matches when connecting to GD Server during the test. After I re-named Bastillestation back to Bastille, the cammo's stayed put. You think I am nuts? Ask NTBK about it!

Vega-Don. Can you recomplie Bastille to like BastilleV2 or something? Not just a file name change like I did but a "what ever, you Mappers uses" to complie the UT/Inf Maps. If you do, PM me ASAP!!! I'll get the map on GD and going.

Last edited:

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
damm you renamed it like that ?

:( :(

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah .. why why why!!!!!!!!!!!!

im pissed ... redoing a fix just because of that .. i asked ntkb to rename it I though as he was a mapper he would know how to do it :( :mad:

and now im gonna be looked as a fool by anyone who has to redownload it and people who have mismatches and so ..and im tired of that map. the solution is to upload the "bastille" map to combatmaps.de

im lazy to do it right now. and im ****ing pissed ...

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Dude, I did not know I am not a mapper! No need to get map at NTKB, we never really taked about renaming other than me saying that I renamed it. I bet he thought I knew what I was doing (which of course I did not) and did not think twice about it. :eek:

So be mad at me, not NTKB. However, please understand I now know better. ;)

Edit:
You know I am just trying to be helpful and to give to the Inf Players my time as a server admin (like you mappers and Devs do). Your post is kind of harsh. :(

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I am using ServerAds that was changed by Crowze to allow the message to come up at the begining. Then it repeats like 30 minutes laters. Which mean under normal play, players do not get spamed with Server Messages.

I have attached it here for you.

Attachments

• ServerAdds2Crowze.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 94

[C22]-Dragoon

Catch-22 Clan leader
Nov 12, 2003
Finland
www.c-22.org
The way I would have liked to have ServerAds is to have repeat at 10min or 15min but this results in that the same first message is displayed allways on every map, but I would like it to remember what message it displayed last and then show that line even map has changed.

Anybody willing to do some editing or say if its even possible, I guess it would somehow be possible to save the last displayed line into a ini or something?

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I tried connecting to your server earlier today while the map Brikby was playing. The server sent me everything else, except for a file called "Smithbag". The "Server refused to send..."-message appeared and I couldn't connect. Would be nice if you could look into that as a lot of newbies (like me) rely on downloading files off the server instead of trying to find the map on a mapping site.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Smithbad.utx was not part of the Brikby package that was sent to me. I did a search in my UT and found that this texture is part of the DesertStorm Map Pack. I suggest that you download that pack from combatmaps.de.
However, I have ucc compressed and upload it.

edit
I was thinking of uploading the DS Map Pack as ucc compressed but it is just to big for me to upload onto my site.

Last edited:

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Great, thanks. I had to do a complete reinstall and hadn't gotten around to downloading the TBT map pack yet. I wasn't too worried about me not being able to connect, it was more for the others that haven't been around very long and don't know where to look for it :)

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
odie no offense for the bastille story

as map camo change since to work on vega, for the moment , if you want to rename it to bastille do it for your server no problem.. you have fast download. no new package is on the way untill i have fully tested the camo changes; wich seems to work

Last edited:

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i played yesterday and that was horrible

we where 18 on avignon , its a nightmarre. theire is way to many respawns on the server if you aim for a realistic gameplay. avignon was more like Verdun :( . a map like this should not end in a mass murder.

same for pankisi.. it just turns in a frag fest

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Yes Avigon is a small map but it is not going anywhere (I love this map). Pankisi is a little bigger but not by much and it is not going anywhere (other GD's love it).

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
im not saying that the maps sucks , but this maps + 4 reinforcement+full server = sucks..

its a non stop frag fest , with bullets everywhere flying and 3 people dying/second

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
No way that I know how to have different reinforcement for each map, which would be the solution for smaller maps.

I believe for the most part the reinforcements settings are okay for GD. However, I wanted longer respawns and less reinforcements but I lost that battle within the Clan. I do recall changing the repawns time myself (not telling anyone that I was going to do it) and all hell broke out within GD and other players. :(

Sometimes GD is not full and the smaller maps are very very fun. However, IMO, having the server full can be fun too with the smaller maps.