A server side manual team balancing tool?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[C22]-Acolyte

Ai kotoba afuro to gunsou!
Jan 20, 2002
INF-land
Visit site
I'd like to see a server admin tool that one can use to change people playing on one side to the other to balance the teams out with a simple console command like: "teamchange <player ID-number>" . It would force the selected player to change team either at the next round or, if it's possible to implement during the round (granted that he has not made a kill, died or that the late joiner counter has not passed the set limit). Very often I see unbalanced teams playing and no one is bothered to switch.

I would also like to see a small marker in the F1 player listing to designate who is switching (either by themselves or forcibly by the admin) and it would show up for both teams regardless the team they are playing (defenders would see if some of the attackers are switching and vice versa.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
as said while playing last night...

here it is... the INF_AdminCom mutator...

it allows admins to force a teamswitch for a specified player...

usage:
type the following on the console...

mutate FPST PlayerName

where "FPST" can be setup in the included ini file to any string the admin wants to use for this command.

Players and Bots will switch teams directly after entering this command. Their inventory will be discarded but not dropped. Eventually carried CDs or CTF flags aso will be send home. They keep their number of deaths, TKs aso too. They will spawn again with the next wave.

Only not implemented things yet:
Bots do not really loose their orders fully so they can end up standing around waiting for someone giving them new orders.
Players that just died and are in the so called Dying state at the time the command is used will spawn without any inventory carried with them. Simply switch and then switch them again.

[edit]new version attached ! ... I'm now manually forcing a replication of the players textures to all other clients. Maybe this solves the camo issue now. [/edit]

Attachments

• INF_AdminCom.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

[C22]-Dragoon

Catch-22 Clan leader
Nov 12, 2003
Finland
www.c-22.org
One bug I found that when I force switch somebody he also keeps his camo. So he will be wearing the enemy team camo. I didn't test but I would presume that the camo will switch to right one after respawn.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Hmm, I did not even notice. I will check for this ASAP and give feed back.

Edit:
Okay, I switched myself back and forth and my cammo changed...

Last edited:

[C22]-Dragoon

Catch-22 Clan leader
Nov 12, 2003
Finland
www.c-22.org
We had forexample 6 players on one team, and one on the other, when I swiched the one last player to the same side with the 6, his camo remained the enemy camo. It might also be related to the max team size being 6, and when 7th is added maybe thats what causes it?

Btw Odie, INF_AdminCom is serverside only, you dont have to have it on Serverpackages (atleast it was when I joined earlier).

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I was not sure, so I added it. I guess it is not hurting anything for it downloading....

As for cammo's, I'll check very carefully for awhile to look for that issue you are having...

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
The wrong camo can only show up if the codes do not call the functions that set and replicate the new 'skin', or if the replication simply doesn't work due to a very low bandwidth.
Maybe it was the max team size stuff but this should not affect anything at the time the balancing is turned off.

Exar

INForcer
Nov 7, 2001
The Netherlands
www.inforcers.net
I just confirmed the Camo bug with the admin-switch mutie....
The player kept the wrong camo for the rest of the round, so it didnt change to correct camo after respawn.
His netspeed was set to 8000, the servers netspeed to 7000.

I think this was the first time it happened, no clue what caused it, but can this be fixed?

Attachments

• admin_switch_camobug.jpg
    admin_switch_camobug.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 27

Exar

INForcer
Nov 7, 2001
The Netherlands
www.inforcers.net
Beppo, the camo bug is still happening with the new version, are you sure you attached the new version to post#4?
I tested a lot with it to find out when it happens: it only happens when you switch a player who is dead at that moment (waiting for next wave).
So if you switch a dead player with the mutie, then the camo won't be changed.
Maybe you missed that and tested only switching players who were alive?
I hope this info helps and I hope it's easy to fix (which I think it is).