Mutator NewEquipmentMenu and Door Breaching Charges

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
The titel is a bit long and not telling everything too clearly... so...

The standard INF 2.9 Equipment menu that can be found within the QuickAction/Speech menu in-game (DropAmmo, Claymores, Smoke...) does not allow additional equipment to be used this way at all. It had no mutator hooks or anything alike to allow this.
Well, now coders can add their stuff to this menu if they want!

The mutator exchanges the Equipment menu by a new version that searches for INFc_Pickup classes within the players loadout that use "!*" as a prefix within their internal EquipName variable. If found then the object will be added to the Equipment menu and will be useable this way.

The INF_AddEquipment mutator can be grabbed below.

Based on an original idea by ecale3 the first equipment item that will make useage of this mutator is the 'Door Breaching Charge'.

This charge can be used to blow 'open' doors and let them then stay opened permanently. Means you can blow open a door and noone will be able to close it again.
This works for swinging and sliding doors that are 'grabable' or 'bumpable' (standard swinging doors and even the automatic doors in Frozen).
The Door Breaching Charges can be found within the loadout menu in the Explosives category. The INF_Charges mutator is needed to allow the DBC in-game and the INF_AddEquipment mutator is needed to make it selectable within the Equipment menu at all.

Mutators attached...

Beppo

[edit] INF_Charges updated - (details) [/edit]

Attachments

• INF_AddEquipment.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 312
  • INF_Charges.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Interesting , i will try the breach charges tomorrow.
good job
icon14.gif

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Ok, I tested it out...

Could you shrink the model for the charge? It looks like waaay too much explosive. Also, when I place it on doors, it sticks out perpendicular to the door instead of lying flush. It would be nice if it was placed flat on the door.

Lastly, I placed it on a door, then opened the door and the charge became invisible when it fell off.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Can it be abused in any way? What if I place a charge on a lift (or any other mover which is not a door)? :confused:

Anyway, it's a really nice idea. Can somebody post a screen shot? I can't check it out before I get home this evening :D

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
From what I got out of testing, it can only be placed on movers that have a "grab/use" message. The elevator has no message, but its button will. ;) If the charge is placed on the button, it will move the elevator to its last keyframe and then disable that switch. BUT, the elevator still works if there are other switches...

I was kinda confused when I got grab/use messages for some buttons and stuff, but on some the charge would not attach. :confused: I couldn't really see a pattern, except maybe the charges can only be placed on switches that are directly linked to the mover? and not remotely?

Also, I found a pretty consistant bug. If I take several charges, then I go drop one and pick it up, the equipment menu will say I only have 1 charge. If I place one, then it seems to correct itself and give the correct number in the menu.

I like these charges though. They came in really useful on Drywater, because I can blow open the electronic doors to make an easy path back to the extract for when I get the cd. I was a little miffed that the breach charges couldn't open the electronic doors on Drywater once the power was down. I suppose it is because their movement is disabled, but it would be nice to be able to blow them open anyway.

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
The purpose of these charges is to permanently open doors that you CAN open...
else you would ruin missions like in Frozen, where you first have to 'activate' the lab doors for example.

The charges can be attached to all movers that give you the grab/use message AND to those movers that are working with 'BumpOpenTimed' (player moving into it). So elevators should not be affected cause they use the other Bump version.

Charges that drop down and get 'kicked' by the swinging doors often get destroyed this way... like decos, weapons, mags aso are too if encrouched.

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
Derelan said:
sweet! So now we can get rid of those security doors in ACityBlock alltogether, and attackers may have an extra stealthy advantage. I hope all the servers pick this up.

Not fully... you need another guy assisting you to even place the charge in time. You need to access the keypad to be able to grab the door. So you need to access the keypad to then be able to place the charge. Some secs later the door 'closes' again and this lets the charge fall down to the ground cause the door 'moves' internaly again.
The whole process of setting up the charge and exploding needs ten secs. So I doubt that you can get the door blown up this way cause it automatically closes some secs earlier letting the charge fall down to the ground.

These doors in ACB are special so this is not the 'standard' of course. Most if not all other doors that are not triggered by game events should be breachable with these charges.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I have one little request:
With this new equipment menu, can you allow us to use QA to access our equipment? For example, I could set my breach charge to the QA button. I could also have dropping or detonating clays on my QA button.

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
KW, that may be nice and all, but can you reach into your pack and stick it to the door
instnataniously? The menu offers a bit of realism in that you have to stand still at the
door while you get the explosive out and place it, but yes, a QA menu would b e nice for
some mutators that may come out, such as new pistols/grenades.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Nice stuff...

what would be neat with the demo pack:

- use it for remotely controlled door to blast them open... I doupt this would be possible)... for exemple, the main bunker door in Frozen, which is controlled by the knob at the desk... if it could be blasted open, that would be nice. But if i'm not mistaken, these doors are more related to movers then to INF doors, so it won't work (bleh! i don't know **** about mapping lol. I guess you would have to permanently move any kind of movers... that would be a little problematic)

- use a detonate command from the Q/A selection or Q/A equipement menu (like for clays) instead of timed detonation.

- Would it be possible to create an objective that needs to be destroyed that would need such a pack to blow it up? that would be nice! In a map like Drywater, it would be an additional teamwork pusher... the team would have to organise themselve on who gonna carry the charge up to the objective.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Demosthanese said:
KW, that may be nice and all, but can you reach into your pack and stick it to the door
instnataniously? The menu offers a bit of realism in that you have to stand still at the
door while you get the explosive out and place it, but yes, a QA menu would b e nice for
some mutators that may come out, such as new pistols/grenades.
The 5 seconds it takes to arm is enough time to pull it out and arm it (if games like RVS are a good reference :hmm:). There doesn't need to be additional time added by making the controls awkward and annoying for the player.

EVEN if 5 sec is too short, then just make it 7 or 8, just don't make us have to go into some menu to do a simple task.

I'd also add that if I were a soldier, I would put something I plan to use in an easy to reach location, not in the bottom of my pack ;)

Beppo

Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
keihaswarrior said:
The 5 seconds it takes to arm is enough time to pull it out and arm it (if games like RVS are a good reference :hmm:). There doesn't need to be additional time added by making the controls awkward and annoying for the player.

EVEN if 5 sec is too short, then just make it 7 or 8, just don't make us have to go into some menu to do a simple task.

I'd also add that if I were a soldier, I would put something I plan to use in an easy to reach location, not in the bottom of my pack ;)

Nothing about this menu is "awkward and annoying" ... :rolleyes:
The fact that you have to change your focus and that you have to let loose on the "weapon controls" (mouse) is something that can be compared to the real thing. Most times you have your packs not ready to be grabbed blindly...
If you want it to become a one sec grab/place/arm/blowup toy then you will have to wait a long time cause I will not change it this way.

In addition, the QuickAction stuff is much harder to change than the equipment menu. The codes are spread over a bunch of classes including the player class itself. Replacing the player class by a mutator is something I simply don't want to do cause it will get problematic pretty fast and can make things incompatible with mutators aso easily.

Making it remotely detonate would need the QuickAction stuff to be enhanced too and these charges do not really need a remote control imo.