Respawning

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barkjuice

Jan 15, 2004
I notice that the bots respawn always in the same area. Is there a mod or something that will do a random respawn? I mean, with the way it is now you go to the same spot every time and as you respawn you can wax the enemy. I can see in a multiplayer game this being VERY bad since you respawn and a camper sits there and wastes you as you respawn.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Thats what the spawn sniper actors are for. To protect the spawn locations. There is a huge debate conerning how effective it is. Personally I would like to see a couple of other ways including the snipper actor that makes sense for the game for some varity.

As I understand the siutation the sniper actors wasn't developed until much of the mapping was done and so not the full advantage could be taken. Once people start to develop new maps you will see much better protection.

Not saying I don't like the maps. I think they are great. You might want to read up on the other thread about the ongoing debate.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I tested the Random Team Spawn 1.21 mutator (i did not tried the DMconvert yet) , and it works very well under INF2.9
The only problem is the sniper actor : if you spawn in a sniper actor area , it will kill you as soon you appear (and the bots too)

To solve totally this problem , download the No Sniper mutator made by Crowze , i attach it there

Random Team Spawn + No Sniper mutators are a great combo with bot games.

Attachments

• INF_NoSniperClass.zip
    989 bytes · Views: 21