Mutator Release: InfMicrobulk

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Here for your mutating pleasure, and at the immediate request of Odie3 for his all pistols duel day, is InfMicrobulk. InfMicrobulk is a very simple mutator that does one thing: makes everything you carry very, very non-bulky. You should be able to carry about 10 times as much as you could before. Have fun!

ReadMe said:
Welcome!

This is the InfMicrobulk version 100 release. It should be the final release ever, since it's so simple and works just fine.

To use, select "Inf - Microbulk" in the mutator box, or include in your server's command line. Make sure to have it in your serverpackages.

This is such a simple mutie, I dont suspect I'll ever revisit it...unless it compiled wrong, or something ;) :D Have fun with your 200 bulk loadouts!

- Keganator

Keganator@kegnet.net
http://www.kegnet.net

InfMicrobulk History:

Version 100: Works. :)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• InfMicrobulk.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 176

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
{GD}NTKB said:
Im sure KW will be thrilled now, since he always bitchin about the bulk system hehehe :p
:mad: :p

I don't get what Odie needs this for? I thought everyone agreed that they didn't want armor on pistols night. He shouldn't have any problem making the pistol loadout without overloading players on bulk.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
No offense, but I see more and more mutator to decrease the realism of Infiltration ??? Why I don't see a mutator to rise Infiltration closer and closer to reality ?

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
DarkBls said:
No offense, but I see more and more mutator to decrease the realism of Infiltration ??? Why I don't see a mutator to rise Infiltration closer and closer to reality ?
Well, I look at it like this. Beppo has asked that if we make "RealAim-like" mutators, we do it as a gametype. Real-Aim like mutators change the realism of the game to something other than the "SentryStudios" vision.

I have two options.

1) I can create gametypes which no one can access via the serverbrowser, but 'enhance realism'

or 2) I can create create mutators that do little, fun things.

I'm doing option 2. I've had this mutie lying in my system folder for a few weeks know, and only released it because Odie3 needed it for his All Pistols loadout to not be 'heavy'. Also, As CoMaNdore said, it's also great for the shooting range; take your favorite weapon(s) and 99 of each ammo, and you'll be able to shoot all day without having to reset anything. As long as it helps someone achieve what they want, I'm happy. :)

As for future projects, who knows. UnrealAim 2: Revenge of the Rushers? The HK69BL - bunny launcher? Or the scoreboard mutator which has been siting mid-complete since I started? Who knows. I'll write muties I want to write, and people can use them if they want. I'm personally looking forward to yurch's "new40mm" mutator...that should be lots of fun. :)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Mutators enhance the enjoyment of INF. They provide a means for players to tailor the game to suit their personal taste.

Basically, Keep up the good work Keg. (and all the other mutator coders) You are a credit to the INF community, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
This isn't ment for serious online play. GD has a pistols only night just for the sake of
goofing off and having fun. Microbulk fits into the schema just fine to allow more ammo
so the players may stick with their favorite pistol.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Keg I'm glad you contribute so much to our community anyway. WHy beppos asked to do a new game type instead of a mutty ?

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Keg is doing little changes and more or less only ONE per mutator. So, this here doesn't need a new game type at all.

TS was the mutator in question and it changes a bunch of things and some of them only minimal (slightly changed stamina, ballistics aso). Not something as obvious as the nearly-zero-bulk-keg-mutie. ;)

If TS would be splitted up into several smaller muts then I would like it much better actually.

[edit] TS = TrueScale [/edit]

Last edited: