SpeeechPad v0.51

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Seeing as though the release of v0.50 got lost in the v0.40 thread, I may as well start a new one.

Download.

EDIT: Seems the CS web server is currently down. If the above link doesn't work, try this one.

Just to give an idea of what it is, here's a snippet from the readme:
SpeechPad is a customizable speech menu system, accessed by up to 9 keys (such as the number pad keys). It is designed to work with the Infiltration mod for Unreal Tournament, and is ideal used with ReportDirection. This lets you easily access practically unlimited numbers of speech binds (or any other commands) from a small number of keys and a few key presses.

Changes from the last version:
SpeechPad will now display a useful warning message if the menu is not set up.
Added a command to set a default configuration and to bind the default keys (number pad).
Corrected a few errors in the default configuration.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Derelan said:
i feel like the only one who uses the numpad to move...

In presonnaly think this position is not ergonomic for a right handed person. I prefer to use the part of the keyboard totally opposite to the mouse (e.g. the qwer/asdf/zxcv part) for all common navigation keys. But my layout is unusual because left mouse is fire and right mouse is walk. Anyhow, this is way of topic... I just feeled like talking about important thing in life... like my key binds. But those i use in quake 3 are even more weird... but that's even more off topic.

'nite

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
*bump*
Is there any process with Speechpad?
Beppo:
The 'Order this soldier' option within the speech menu works for bots AND players.
If you have a team member in view then this option will be available and you can send orders directly this way then.
Crowze:
I'll be adding this as a feature of SpeechPad, so you can select the players by name, not just 'Teammate 3' or whatever.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I must try to set up speechpad some time. My keyboard binds are so many now and so spread out that many times i say the wrong thing.
geogob said:
..But my layout is unusual because left mouse is fire and right mouse is walk...
My mouse setup is like this too. In all first person and 3rd person games like gta/gta-vc. Sometimes i do question it tho; Because of pressing rmb to walk my mouse moves a bit and my aim is off.
/OT

Last edited:

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I started setting up speechpad and it's great! I made some test-settings and now I am working on a overall concept. The only problem I have is that I don't see many, if there are any, servers using it. I'm not sure if this mutator created problems online.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
The only drawback I came across so far is that it's not possible to add a message like this "1 enemy", it's only possible to add a message without any space between each word, while the message looks perfect if you choose your stuff posting it won't work properly. Also adding several commands to one key (like adding a word and automatically jumping up to the old menu) does not work with " | " is there another way?

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
The current SpeechPad (I think) is in my GDMutie Pack. Get it from my sig.

Crowze, get with me if you would like some ftp space. I would be happy to provide a directory/login for you.

Last edited:

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I wanted to test the EXEC scripts but somehow they do not work here.
I've activated executing scripts ExecScripts=True
Then I've created a file name EAS-INF-Iraq.txt in ../Exec/ that is UT/Exec and then I've created a Default.txt in the same folder which undoes the changes of the Iraq.txt.

Iraq.txt:
Code:
say SpeechPad: This map is Iraq.
SP_set Command 40 CD1;teamsay I am going for the left CD!
SP_set Command 41 CD2;teamsay I am going for the right CD!
SP_set Command 42 Extraction;teamsay I am covering the Extraction Area!
SP_set Menu 24 Iraq;c40;c41;c42
SP_set Menu 7 Sonstiges;m5;;m24;m6
So if I start Iraq he first line - SpeechPad: This map is Iraq - appears but everything else not.
And if I exec this file by hand (exec ../Exec/EAS-INF-Iraq.txt) it is not working proberly, the menu appears, c40 and 41 and 42 appear but do not work.

Btw. what does the bServerAllowPad=False mean? If SP is activated on the Server if I am running one?

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Wow... time to dig out the old source code.

bServerAllowPad doesn't (shouldn't) do anything, at least I can't find or remember it anywhere... is that getting written into the ini automatically?

EDIT: Ahh, it's been so long since I've looked at this. If you press the reset key to get you to the main menu level, do the new things show up? Also, are there any SpeechPad: messages in your log file?

Last edited:

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I didn't find any information in the log file.
Nothing worked. :(
I'm not sure if this line was added automatically, but I did nothing there I just edited the ini. The new things are in a submenu, so you have to enter one menu on the main menu level first.

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
I'm just interested but did the exec-feature work for anybody?

I did test a bit further:
Only text messages - no matter how many - seem to be executed.
If I execute it by hand nearly everything is as wanted:
Code:
Menu[7]=Sonstiges;m5;;m24;m6
Menu[24]=Iraq;c40;c41;c42
Command[40]=CD1;teamsay
Command[41]=CD2;teamsay
Command[42]=Extraction;teamsay
The problem is that the messages I want to say are missing, so I tried the same thing without teamsay but with mutate. It did not work this time as well, now there is only "mutate".

Edit: I think the problem is the sp_set thing, it is not working proberly. I think that the lines i entered are interpreted to be ended at "teamsay" so no blanks are accepted, and you even only get so far if you execute it by hand.
So making all the commands you need in the speech.ini and only "activating" them if you switch to a certain map should work I guess, but that would be a cheap "workaround".

Last edited:

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
ok, i dunno if it's a coding screwup on my part, but i use the morekeys mutator command that drops claymores, and allows for a Reportdirection command at the same time to be carried out. Problem is, it doesn't work.

Here's the code:
Code:
Command[23]=Claymore;mutate claymore | mutate direction Planting Claymore. Facing %C. %b
Command[24]=Cover smoke;mutate whiteflare | Mutate direction Deploying Smoke %c of my position. %b
Command[25]=Drop CD;mutate dropCD | Mutate direction Dropping CD! facing %C. %b

I have the c23/c24/c25 commands entered too. Is it the (|) character that separated commands or something?

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
MoreKeys requires that you execute its mutate commands without spaces at the end, so instead of
Code:
Command[23]=Claymore;mutate claymore | mutate direction Planting Claymore. Facing %C. %b
you need to write
Code:
Command[23]=Claymore;mutate claymore|mutate direction Planting Claymore. Facing %C. %b

Though it might still not work with SpeechPad, because it seems that SpeechPad doesn't interpret the "|" character the same way the key setup in InfiltrationUser.ini does, so you can only setup basic commands without the seperator "|".
But that's just my evaluation about the SpeechPad part, I think Crowze can give you more details about it.