A Game of Thrones

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
ezDrL8y.gif

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
seriously.
I fuckin' knew Peter was the one to watch all along.

last nights episode was so boss.
Prince Oberyn is a beautiful man. cannot wait for him to start dismantling Lannister's.

Oberyn.gif

Last edited:

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
:lol: that's good.

you know honestly; the scene between Prince Obe and Tyrion might have been one of the single best moments between any 2 characters in the 3 years of this show. I saw it again this morning during an HBO replay and I was like, wow. that story was fuckin' great. the way it all came together to finally reveal Oberyn's true intentions was amazing.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
:clap:

Indeed last night's episode was great... can't wait to see next week's...

Now only if the crazy dragon lady did awesome stuff this show would be sweet.

Don't hold your breath :D

Also, no GoT next week because of Memorial Day. It'll be back the week after.

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
I started feeling sad during the
parting between Bronn and Tyrion
but I was tearing up at the scene with Tyrion and Oberyn.

The conversation between Tyrion and Oberyn is now my favorite scene in the entire show.

I loved how Oberyn described Tyrion as a disappointment because he was expecting to see a monster, but instead saw a (mostly) normal baby. I've never read the books, but it seems like that must have been the first time Tyrion had been a disappointment to anyone, but in a good way. Here's to hoping Oberyn doesn't die, because he's my new second-favorite character.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Hey Al, remember the anticipation we book readers got we knew the Beheading, Red Wedding, and Poisoning were coming soon?

I've got that feeling again. :D

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
you know as much as I want Oberyn to go on a revenge-fest, I also just kind of want The Mountain to rend him in half. the whole situation is more or less screwed up for everybody. Obe might be helping Tyrion in the moment which makes him feel like he's on "our" side (to the relatively impartial viewer), but he also just wants to wipe out Tyrion's family.

and in the end I'm kind of a Lannister fan.
I'm sort of a fan of 'bad' guys in general. the most intriguing deviates never get enough screen time in my opinion; Hound, Ramsay, Petyr, Varys, Stannis. they're more interesting anyhow.

because in most works of fiction, even the coolest/smartest 'bad' guys are destined to fail and everyone knows it. by the same token, the good guys are always destined to win in spite of the odds and their charming flaws. but at least in Game of Thrones the 'bad' guys are given a chance to thrive and pull off spectacular plot twists.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
in lieu of this weeks lost episode...

"the only black dudes on there have no dicks"
[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DeJqyhwWs[/m]

not entirely accurate.
[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu8LOMzUOrU[/m]

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Stannis? Oh you will get Stannis all right. I stopped watching when they went off the story line. If you have read a few things lately around the net you might have heard this will worsen.

I tend to agree with the rumors. George will take his time on his books however he wants to. HBO will not wait. They want this to end in 7 seasons and that will be that. So I stopped watching 4 episodes ago and I wont watch any further.

Instead, I'm listening to the books for the second time around and taking my time. Not sure if George or myself will be around by the time he gets to book 7. Supposedly he doesn't even want it to end at book 7. Which means HBO will be ending this in the next 3 years no matter what George does or says.