The Religion Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
This is where all your belief in a higher deity goes.

I don't believe in higher beings without proof. so I thought you could diminish the clutter of the the forum by posting your bullshit here.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
*Sigh
Or how about coming to this site to talk about Unreal-related stuff ?

This site is swamped with off-topic stuff, and has made it the most flashing/blinking spam-trap of inane b*llocks that have nothing to do with gaming, let-alone Unreal.

This site once was seen as a serious part of the Unreal world and was even seen as the official portal for all things Unreal.
Why do you think none of the Epic staff use this site anymore?
Even the site admins, have to take a deep breath before logging in.
Seems like the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

This site is loosing it's relevance to Unreal, daily.
The ratio between off-topic and Unreal related stuff is ridiculous.

I salute the idea of confining religion to 1 thread, but question why people don't use their facebook account if they want to talk to people about stuff that does not belong here anyway.

For example; Anyone posting religious or political views on my Unreal site, will have the post removed, and get 1 warning.
1 Warning only. Then ban, then and possible removal of all posts they made (pending review).

I can keep my religious views to myself, unless in an appropriate context.
Unless someone is making a religious UEngine mod, then feel free to talk about that.

1 thing is VERY clear.
In my years of using the net, I have yet to see a Religious or Political thread that does not turn into arguments and hatred.
Unless you talk face to face about these subjects, you will never understand each-other properly.

Anyone fool enough to try and be the peace-maker in these threads gets more than they bargained for.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
*Sigh

This site is swamped with off-topic stuff, and has made it the most flashing/blinking spam-trap of inane b*llocks that have nothing to do with gaming, let-alone Unreal.
Yeah there is way too much off-topic stuff in the Off-Topic forum. :mad:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
This site once was seen as a serious part of the Unreal world and was even seen as the official portal for all things Unreal.

Your recollection is faulty. Off Topic has always been the most popular section, and accounts for the vast majority of the content here. The game is dead, and hardly anyone would post if it wasn't for OT.

But the inmates are certainly in charge of the asylum, and your observation that even the admins are starting to hate it isn't far off.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
*Sigh

I salute the idea of confining religion to 1 thread, but question why people don't use their facebook account if they want to talk to people about stuff that does not belong here anyway.

For example; Anyone posting religious or political views on my Unreal site, will have the post removed, and get 1 warning.
1 Warning only. Then ban, then and possible removal of all posts they made (pending review).

Unless someone is making a religious UEngine mod, then feel free to talk about that.

1 thing is VERY clear.
In my years of using the net, I have yet to see a Religious or Political thread that does not turn into arguments and hatred.
Unless you talk face to face about these subjects, you will never understand each-other properly.

Anyone fool enough to try and be the peace-maker in these threads gets more than they bargained for.

Maybe you should go back to your Unreal site.

Unreal and UT games are dead, bro. Get over it and move on. Most of us have. BTW, this is OFF-TOPIC if you haven't noticed.

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
*Sigh

1 thing is VERY clear.

Your so right dude

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Your recollection is faulty. Off Topic has always been the most popular section, and accounts for the vast majority of the content here. The game is dead, and hardly anyone would post if it wasn't for OT.

Maybe you should go back to your Unreal site.

Unreal and UT games are dead, bro. Get over it and move on. Most of us have. BTW, this is OFF-TOPIC if you haven't noticed.

Exactly. This is the same reason why #fragbu on IRC isn't geared toward FragBU anymore, and it is essentially OT on IRC. I wouldn't be here if OT and #fragbu no longer exist.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
I never said there was a time of less off-topic than content.

I said their was a time when this was a hub of activity and creativity, with great minds working together.
Now it is not.
Hence the ratio of off-topic has increased. Filling news agregators with spam.
The main site does not even have a link to UDK info or thread.

This site is still called "Beyond Unreal" and is supposed to cater for people who play and develop on the Unreal series of engines, in whatever form.

There are loads of games built with the U engine, and more all the time.
This place should be more productive than ever.

My Unreal site is setup to cater for all U engine products, and I hope will grow long after Epic make their final engine.

If no-one here plays any Unreal engine games, then the site is pointless and should be re-named "Life After Unreal".

If you don't play or develop a U engine game, then why come here to essentially troll.
That is what facebook is for.

The Unreal world may seem dead to you, if you hang out here, but that is because the users here spend little time talking about games playing or making.
Out there where work and projects are happening, the Unreal world in all it's many guises is very much alive.
http://www.unrealengine.com/unreal_engine_4/

Seeing, as I have de-railed the thread, I will finish with;
I worship at the altar of Rock and Roll.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Life After Unreal isn't a bad name for a post-apocalyptic site like this one.

P.S. Who knew TWD would turn up in this thread?

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
dr.flay, I appreciate the sentiment. Unfortunately, this isn't exclusive to this site. There are virtually no Unreal-related sites running anymore. BeyondUnreal is definitely the oldest and possibly the only game journalism site running that is exclusively focused on Unreal. And even that isn't going to last forever.

I get how you are feeling, I really do. I love Unreal and I would hate to see any focus for it go. But the truth is that Epic rarely visits here because they aren't concerned with Unreal anymore. While this site used to be a bustling portal for everything Unreal and all Unreal-related sites with almost constant involvement from Epic, I have been around long enough to watch us go from being the de facto community portal even in Epic's own eyes to being the barely talked about red headed step child. Epic has their own community portals with their own community managers, and while many of them love the Unreal brand, the company itself is focused on other, more profitable things.

I get what you are saying about Unreal Engine,and we have classically tried to cover as many of them as possible here. But we don't make any money. We can't afford to buy tons of games. And keeping ongoing relationships with publishers, PR firms, developers, etc. takes a lot of time and will power that we just don't have. Everyone that manages this site does so voluntarily. We do what we can do but we have neither the man power nor the drive to go all the time.

Having looked at your site I can tell you that you are not doing even 1/100th of what needs to be done in order to operate an actual functioning game journalism site. You are simply posting some things you care about about a game you like. Owning and operating a site like BU is not easy and is extraordinarily time consuming. It has knocked down more than a few people.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
dr.flay, I appreciate the sentiment. Unfortunately, this isn't exclusive to this site. There are virtually no Unreal-related sites running anymore. BeyondUnreal is definitely the oldest and possibly the only game journalism site running that is exclusively focused on Unreal. And even that isn't going to last forever.

I get how you are feeling, I really do. I love Unreal and I would hate to see any focus for it go. But the truth is that Epic rarely visits here because they aren't concerned with Unreal anymore. While this site used to be a bustling portal for everything Unreal and all Unreal-related sites with almost constant involvement from Epic, I have been around long enough to watch us go from being the de facto community portal even in Epic's own eyes to being the barely talked about red headed step child. Epic has their own community portals with their own community managers, and while many of them love the Unreal brand, the company itself is focused on other, more profitable things.

I get what you are saying about Unreal Engine,and we have classically tried to cover as many of them as possible here. But we don't make any money. We can't afford to buy tons of games. And keeping ongoing relationships with publishers, PR firms, developers, etc. takes a lot of time and will power that we just don't have. Everyone that manages this site does so voluntarily. We do what we can do but we have neither the man power nor the drive to go all the time.

Having looked at your site I can tell you that you are not doing even 1/100th of what needs to be done in order to operate an actual functioning game journalism site. You are simply posting some things you care about about a game you like. Owning and operating a site like BU is not easy and is extraordinarily time consuming. It has knocked down more than a few people.

I guess it's said rarely but thanks for all the hard work. :tup: