Rate The Last Drink You Drank

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Oh gosh.
This Dead Guy Ale is a revelation.
You don't want anything else anymore.

I see your Dead Guy Ale, and raise you another!

7.5/10
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/Y51xx.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

And Sierra Nevada just released a new Season Beer. Ruthless Rye IPA. I had my first one at the brewery, days after it's release. Had to wait two or so weeks to get it at the stores. But my oh my, what a beer it is. Oddly enough, it's a beer that I think tastes best out of the bottle, rather than in a glass.

8.5/10
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/XX1x6.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
7/10 Stone IPA

It's good but a bit too hoppy for my taste, but then again I am in the process of educating my tongue about the hoppy wonders of the world.

stone%20ipa.jpg

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Innis and Gunn Rum Cask - 9/10

One of the local bars I go to advertised on facebook that they have 1 of 25 kegs in the United States of this "rum cask" beer, so naturally I had to try it.

F*cking delicious! I couldn't even tell I was drinking beer, which is REALLY dangerous because you could down this stuff like water and not even be aware of the oncoming alcohol poisoning.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Negroni-7/10 This was my first campari experience, and it didn't thrill me. Too sweet and bitter at the same time. It was fine, but I'm doubtful I'll make it again until I forget that I've had it.

But then I had this bottle of Campari sitting around, so I was like, okay, let's try some more drinks.

Boulevardier- 9/10 I'm guessing this is because I'm just a whiskey person (it's just a Negroni, only bourbon instead of gin), but this is damned good. I moved from the 1:1:1 ratio that some recommend and instead poured just over 2 oz of Makers Mark (I don't have any solid rye whiskey in the house right now) and a little more than 3/4 oz of the sweet vermouth and campari, then added a lemon twist. It has the feel of an old fashioned, only with more of a hard edge (old fashioneds are great, but are really about making the whiskey sweet more than much else) from the campari. It's full bodied with a kick, the blood red look is only icing.

theabyss

Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Argh...only one bottle of this Imperial - Unearthly' and I have problems typing....:eek:

jeez....nice ...very nice...

2529_unearthly_1309726993.jpg

Edit:

Ok, I had a 'Maine Beer Company - Pepper Ale'

Bah, how horrible. Son, I am dissapoint.

20110627-063747.jpg

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
After the last two hours of nursing my friends car home with a broken frame at the rear axle, this straight Luksusowa Vodka is damn good.

theabyss

Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
*Uses Jedi Mind-trick* Buy this beer now and you will be happy for the rest of your life */Uses Jedi Mind-trick*

...but then again you don't need to get fooled by a mind trick...just drink it...

25. Who was 'Mr. Mojo'?

Mr. Mojo makes his appearance in the song L.A. Woman. The verse goes
something like this,

Mr. Mojo Risin', Mr. Mojo Risin'
Got to keep on risin'

etc,etc

One thing we know for sure is that `Mr. Mojo Risin' is a perfect anagram.
Re-arrange the letters and it spells `Jim Morrison'. The only other thing we
know is from John Densmore's book. In his book, John says, "Since it contained
the black slang word mojo (for sexual prowess), I got the idea to steadily
increase the tempo back up to the orginal speed, a la orgasm."

[SCREENSHOT]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_A_opcg_BeKs/TQfztKNdEjI/AAAAAAAAB78/Izyfl8QOE9s/s1600/Boulder+Beer+Mojo+Risin%2527+Double+IPA.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Johnny Walker Blue - 5/10

Rating 5/10 because it tastes like any other scotch, so why the insane price tag?

Seriously, maybe I don't have the extraordinary taste buds of a "gentleman", but it just tasted like plain old scotch to me.

I'll be sticking with beer.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
^Funny, I just finished a bottle of that last night.

It's definitely better than other Scotch blends, but it's not worth the price tag unless you really want to treat yourself or just keep something special around. That's true for basically all expensive alchohol though. A $1000 bottle of wine is still gonna taste like sour grapes gone bad.

As for beer, screw that piss water. :rant:

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Johnny Walker Blue - 5/10

Rating 5/10 because it tastes like any other scotch, so why the insane price tag?

Seriously, maybe I don't have the extraordinary taste buds of a "gentleman", but it just tasted like plain old scotch to me.

Johnnie Walker is cheap, mass produced shite. The blue label may be a 25 year old blend, but it's still 25 year old mass produced shite.

Also, refrain from calling it 'scotch'; - it's actually somewhat offensive despite being in common use in the US ;)