Halo 4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I've been waiting a couple of months to post this, but well, we all knew it wasn't going to end at Halo 3.

Bet people weren't expecting it to not be a spin-off like Reach though ;)

Thoughts?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I like how he intros the trailer with the phrase "the dawn of a new trilogy for xbawks 360." Guess Halo 5 & 6 are already planned?

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Never played Halo, but I'm stoked for this, definitely going to buy an Xbox360 so I can play this game.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
made for douchebags, designed by douchebags

I don't get all of the three year old angst people have. Yes, as a popular game it is filled with millions of players and millions of anonymous people means a number of jerks, but seriously? I personally enjoy the Halo games, and while they are nothing groundbreaking, they're for the most part fun and well crafted.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't get all of the three year old angst people have. Yes, as a popular game it is filled with millions of players and millions of anonymous people means a number of jerks, but seriously? I personally enjoy the Halo games, and while they are nothing groundbreaking, they're for the most part fun and well crafted.
Totally agreed. I have all the current Halo games, I will probably get the Anniversary Halo 1 remake, and I definitely want Halo 4. :)

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
In other words don't waste you're time getting the first two unless you plan on getting a 360. Otherwise you will be left with a big ass cliffhanger.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Oh well, I'm definitely interested with the HD version of Halo 1 (the only Halo game I liked).

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com

Totally agreed. I have all the current Halo games, I will probably get the Anniversary Halo 1 remake, and I definitely want Halo 4. :)

Not disagreeing with either of you. I also enjoyed the Halo games (note: singleplayer only) but I feel that the Halo universe has been pretty well fleshed out already, and I don't see them being able to expand on it in any interesting way. Halo 3 was already kind of dragging in the 'new story elements' department. Do you really believe that the Halo universe can support three more storyline game that were as interesting as Halo?

P.S.: I did not play ODST or Reach, so I cannot comment on whether or not those were good or bad. However, from what I heard, they were pretty bad from a storyline standpoint.

Last edited:

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I haven't played ODST but Reach's singleplayer was excellent!
I'm partial to it's MP because I think Halo 3 was balanced a lot better, but my brother likes Reach so that's what we play, mostly, and it's fun. Just not as good as Halo 3. But the singleplayer was amazing.