Seriously WTF...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
As you know I posted a thread about getting a smart phone recently. Perhaps I may have dodged a bullet.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/20/atandt-agrees-to-buy-t-mobile-from-deutsche-telekom/

Seriously **** YOU AT&T. I was going to go for T-Mobile but soon it won't make a ****ing difference... T-Mobile had a nice unlimited everything plan, but AT&T these days says **** unlimited, PAY US MORE MONEY to use your smartphone. Soon enough once they take over, the concept of unlimited data is gone.

****!

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
So long as you get a contract before it goes through, they'll honor that contract (well, you know, unless you want them to subsidize a new phone sometime in the future). But yeah, the lack of cellular diversity is NOT going to help prices/services in this freaking country.

~Jason

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
As you know I posted a thread about getting a smart phone recently. Perhaps I may have dodged a bullet.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/20/atandt-agrees-to-buy-t-mobile-from-deutsche-telekom/

Seriously **** YOU AT&T. I was going to go for T-Mobile but soon it won't make a ****ing difference... T-Mobile had a nice unlimited everything plan, but AT&T these days says **** unlimited, PAY US MORE MONEY to use your smartphone. Soon enough once they take over, the concept of unlimited data is gone.

****!

Cry moar. I use ATT! ;)

Anyways, if you think about it the idea of unlimited data is pretty stupid, it's possible that unlimited data in any service will go away in the near future. :p

att-tmo-slide-04-1300649207.jpg

AWWWWWRIIIIIIIGHT

Also, honestly, Tmobiles plans are worse than ATT. I have no idea what you're on about.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
That **** could work to your disadvantage also, I know people that were paying for services that had since become free. :lol:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Also, honestly, Tmobiles plans are worse than ATT. I have no idea what you're on about.

Affordability. I'll take 80 bucks a month over what ever **** ATT has to offer. I tried to find out what I can get on ATT and seriously the costs just went out of my budget for using a phone.

Though I was planning on going with simple mobile, 60 bucks a month, which does use the T-mobile network, but I assume by the process of association, simple mobile will use the ATT network, and I am not sure if the big wigs at ATT will shut down what simple mobile offers.

Plus I can give a rat's ass about coverage maps. I pretty much sit in Dallas all year round. Big whoop... I don't plan on going to the middle of nowhere where there may or may not be service.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
From what I've gathered around the internet, AT&T is basically the most shitty telecommunication company to exist. Apparently they have also started limiting internet bandwidth now.

That said, most telecommunication companies suck dick. Recently a few good ones have popped up in Denmark, but the major one (TDC) is still a massive cunt and will do anything to limit services and rise prices.

I must say though, unlimited data on smartphones is pointless. Most standard plans in Denmark have a cap of 1 GB a month and you will never use that up.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I just found out about this today and I think it sucks. We have a family plan with T-mobile and had no intention of switching to AT&T. I keep hearing AT&T sucks in Florida, so that's one of the reasons. All of our phones are at various stages of contract and stuff though, so it could be more expensive to switch but I believe it would be Verizon we would switch to. Now if AT&T honors our plan for a while, then we'll just stay put for a while.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I must say though, unlimited data on smartphones is pointless. Most standard plans in Denmark have a cap of 1 GB a month and you will never use that up.

Do you own a smartphone? I got a Droid in Feb. of last year and have hit 4GB in at least one of those months. I like to stream a morning radio show and use Pandora for at least half of the 12 hours I'm at work. I know I'm not the only one going over 1GB of data in a month.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Most standard plans in Denmark have a cap of 1 GB a month and you will never use that up.

I can easily use that in a few days with my iPhone, even when I'm not tethering. My work email gets at least 100 emails per day, most of them with voicemails or data of some kind attached. That's not even mentioning the occasional Pandora streaming, web browsing, and other internet-enabled apps. I definitely do need unlimited data.

On the other hand, I could always expense data overages back to the company if they were work-related (most would be.) But that's a royal pain in the ass.

In closing, all I have to say is that unlimited data for a reasonable rate should damn-near be a god-given right at this point. AT&T is charging $20 per 2GB of data, and that's extremely unreasonable in my book. $5 per 2GB would have been much more reasonable, if they had to charge at all. I'm just glad my iPhone data package is grandfathered in to unlimited.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Do you own a smartphone? I got a Droid in Feb. of last year and have hit 4GB in at least one of those months. I like to stream a morning radio show and use Pandora for at least half of the 12 hours I'm at work. I know I'm not the only one going over 1GB of data in a month.

Yup, and there's also that service that streams your cable tv to your phone. So yeah, 1GB is a joke.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
I have VZW, unlimited data. Don't have to worry about it. Droid X and pondering the upcoming Sony Experia Play, which is supposed to be nice. Honestly I could care less for 4g but that's just me.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I have VZW, unlimited data. Don't have to worry about it. Droid X and pondering the upcoming Sony Experia Play, which is supposed to be nice. Honestly I could care less for 4g but that's just me.

VZW Unlimited Data is really 5GB per month

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm on AT&T so I don't really care about this except that maybe AT&T will start getting better phones that can compete with the new iterations of the iPhone.

Bandwidth caps are retarded period. If anyone is going to have them, they should be extremely high (above 200gb). As it stands right now, I pay half the cost of my regular internet bill for 3G internet, and I most certainly do not get half of the value out of it. I'm going crazy if I use more than 500mb in a month.