So I was trying to explain the UT3 "campain" to a friend.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
[13:59] <+SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL> This guy named Reapo gets knocked out by the Lizard guys and then gets recruited by Sammuel L Jackson to fight the lizard guys, but then giant tentacles crush his home planet. Then he gets mad at the Necris and goes after them, but must defeat the Axis of Evil from WW][ before that because they have a Hummer. Finally he faces Shakaka because she killed Reapos sister.
[14:00] <+bombachu> woofles
[14:01] <+bombachu> what about the squid cars
[14:01] <+bombachu> from ww][
[14:01] <+SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL> But of course the only way to defeat them is to kill them multiple times in row in certain areas with magic respawning weapons or to grab cloth on a stick and bring it to an opposing colored cloth on a stick.
[14:01] <+SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL> Yeah, you need to destroy those too.
[14:01] <+bombachu> ha cloth on a stick
[14:02] <+bombachu> CoaS
[14:02] <+bombachu> so kill people until they die from it?
[14:03] <+SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL> Yes.
[14:03] <+bombachu> sounds lame
[14:03] <+SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL> Kill them to death so they die from dying and end up dead.
[14:05] <+SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL> The SP has nothing to do with the title of the game, nor the game itself tbh.
[14:05] <+SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL> I have no clue why they wasted their time on it.
[14:05] <+SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLL> :c
[14:05] <+bombachu> i want a refund

Did I get it right? I'm trying to be accurate here. :crysmile:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
Good, though I'd have gone with:

"This guy named Capps wants to flex the right side of his brain and tasks himself with writing a SP storyline. Axis of Cliché and Forces of Hubris infest and produce a laughingstock, which kills UT3 to death. Storied franchise dies from ridiculous story and ends up dead."

But meh, potayto potahto

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
I actually explained the SP storyline to a friend of mine, even the Field Latency Generators... He thought it was the funniest thing ever. But then he likes really weird goofy stuff, like anime. :rolleyes:

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
The one of UT2k4 is really boring and confusing.

Yep. I didn't understand the whole "build a team and win the tournament" either. It was far too complicated and confusing because I had to win for ladders. Far too confusing to count to four. :D

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I don't know if that was sarcasm but either way that system sucked ass.
Keep it simple like UT! Which wasn't that cool either. Instant Action does the job.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
I don't know if that was sarcasm but either way that system sucked ass.
Keep it simple like UT! Which wasn't that cool either. Instant Action does the job.

I wasn't serious. TBH, I never bothered with the SP campaigns/ladders in UT too much anyways.
It is faster to go to a forum and look what ini I have to edit or what secret code I have to enter to get some additional characters. ;)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
In fact, I don't even think I finished the one from UT2003.......wait, yes I did and from what you guys are talking about it might be better than the UT2004 one and the UT3 one.:)