Rate The Last Game You Played

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
yeah, you like the puzzles and environments, but when the cops are meeting you at the end you're like "oh my god, why did I get myself into this!? If I was straight I would be still be smoking pot, like why God? like Why n' stuff?"

When I wake up this should never be true, because, I said so, n' stuff.

hello!? is anybody listening to me?
Like I swear.

________
Niccola live

Last edited:

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
Finally finished BioShock.

Finally 'cause it took a while for me to get around to playing it, for some reason I couldn't be arsed. And finally 'cause it took pretty long for me to finish it (not too long, though). I checked every single ashtray, listened to every audio diary I could find (and I'm pretty sure that was pretty close to all of them) and in general I just played slow, because I sometimes hesitated a bit to go into a room or something. I'm a chicken, hah!

Overall a really nice game. The mechanics aren't flawless, but the story and the city with its atmosphere are so brilliantly done that I thoroughly enjoyed this game all through. Just a very, very good setting.

9/10

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Burnout Paradise 6/10

Not digging the open ended world for this specific game, IMHO it takes out the big arcady sense of the franchise. Graphic and collisions are as awesome as ever. Going around the whole damn city to find races and stuff is a massive pain in the ass that makes the game quite annoying.

BUT ITS MOTHER****ING BRAINLESS FUN

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Burnout Paradise 6/10

Not digging the open ended world for this specific game, IMHO it takes out the big arcady sense of the franchise. Graphic and collisions are as awesome as ever. Going around the whole damn city to find races and stuff is a massive pain in the ass that makes the game quite annoying.

BUT ITS MOTHER****ING BRAINLESS FUN

i hate parts of it

for example

when you drive around,
crash,
respawn
crash,
respawn
crash,
respawn

and so on

its so friggin annoying watching the video

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Burnout Paradise is by far the best one they've made in the series. Yet it's still getting really old after a short while. Once you've finished the game, all you got to do is RE-DO all the same stupid events you did before to grab your big ELITE license. And of course the AI is getting harder (actually it should have been this hard). It just didn't work for me, I mean, okay I just finished all those events, now all I got to do is start all over again, there's only like 114 of them after all!!!!

What I hated the most about this game is how you always end up racing in the farms. It's a overall dumb layout with straight roads, whilst in the core of the city you're experiencing the free roam experience with all the possibilities. And these silly "Drive to stadium" races are making these races even more boring fast. They could have put you from any street corner to any other street corner for the finish line. But no! Come on man.

Short version: Only driving in city is fun.

when you drive around,
crash,
respawn
crash,
respawn
crash,
respawn

wat u suk mon

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Assassin's Creed - 9/10
Overall, I really enjoyed this game. I felt the combat was polished, and I liked to start fights for the hell of it. The graphics were really beautiful, and I liked how each of the cities had different atmospheres. Although the ending of Altair's time was a bit cliche, I enjoyed the battle, and in Desmond's time, the ending was a neat "aha!" moment. I can forgive the short-term memory loss of the guards, military, etc during the chase-and-hide parts in order for the game to progress. The only real complaint that I had with it is the repetitive feel of the game, where I knew that you would essentially go through the same things (synchronize the map via tall spires, eavesdrop, pickpocket, save citizen, etc, then finally the assassination) over and over again when I saw that only certain districts (or more accurately the memories of them) were available in each city. I guess that was the life of the assassin. If the game was less repetitive, it would score a 9.5/10 from me.

-----

Been playing this again on Steam. I agree with your review.
One my favorite things to do is sneak up on guards on rooftops or in the streets and use the stealth blade on them and walk away or find a bench to just chill at and act is as if I had nothing to do with it...

But yeah the guard reactions are at times laughable. You kill someone and they shout, " who is responsible for this!" Hmm lets see, there is a dude in a white robe armed with an assortment of weapons but he can't do this....let's ignore him and keep looking.

Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Burnout Paradise is by far the best one they've made in the series. Yet it's still getting really old after a short while. Once you've finished the game, all you got to do is RE-DO all the same stupid events you did before to grab your big ELITE license. And of course the AI is getting harder (actually it should have been this hard). It just didn't work for me, I mean, okay I just finished all those events, now all I got to do is start all over again, there's only like 114 of them after all!!!!

What I hated the most about this game is how you always end up racing in the farms. It's a overall dumb layout with straight roads, whilst in the core of the city you're experiencing the free roam experience with all the possibilities. And these silly "Drive to stadium" races are making these races even more boring fast. They could have put you from any street corner to any other street corner for the finish line. But no! Come on man.

Short version: Only driving in city is fun.

wat u suk mon

i preferd to be in the abandond mines drifting and such but ive got 96% and have got my ELITE

now for showdown and RoadTimes left :(

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Am playing more Burnout Paradise again since Big Surf Island DLC. Finally getting around to doing the events to get my Elite license, only 37 wins away! (mostly stunt runs because I suck) That, and the online Freeburn challenges are pretty fun to do with friends.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Bias is about 8 or 9 out of 10.

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger 10/10

First off, it's pronounced "Blaze Blue." Second off, this game has won me over completely. A unique cast of characters (no clones!), great (and often hilarious) visuals, sounds and presentation, and a deep and engaging fighting system all make this my favorite game to have come out this year. Add a netcode that can actually handle 2D fighting and Blazblue is easily my fighting game of the year, possibly my game of the year. Stop reading this. Get the game.

Oh, and the story will make your head explode.

And here is a video of a vampire-princess fighting an insect-ridden blob.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
America's Army 3: 7/10

Okay, I actually love this game. It's back to the kind of annoying campfests of AA past and I like that. I like the slower gameplay, that if you don't do the right medic option you can't revive your teammate, etc.

The problem is that this game is far, far, far too buggy. The servers are finally not poo, but the netcode for this game is atrocious. Grenades will explode and the damage will take a full .5 second to hit. Really? On top of that, I've had too many instances where I've had a perfectly lined up shot on a soldier's head (who's not moving) @ 50yds and somehow they take no damage. Argh. I think I'll swear this one off for a bit until they come in with a pretty significant patch, though I do think that once the game WORKS, it will be great.

~Jason

Oh, and Burnout Paradise is a game that I don't hate nearly as much as I thought I would, but I very much hope the next game gets rid of the stupid 'no loading' bullcrap and goes back to the awesome pre-set tracks of yore.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Prince of Persia(ps3) - 9/10

Easy as balls, yet a satisfying combat system and very well done visuals had me engrossed the entire time.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Left 4 dead 8.5-9/10

Fun game. There are certain things that I miss, but these do not really interfere with the gameplay. It's just a couple of extras, like a player menu screen f.e. etc.
The structure of this game is different from other shooters, but I've adapted quickly. Glad to see there's an active community for it. (skin, sound and mappacks etc.)

I like the characters, each has his/her specific trademarks. The voice acting is pretty good. On the other hand, you're stuck with these four. It would've been nice had there been larger choice (maybe 8 or 12 different models, or extra skins). It's both a bad and good thing.

The campaigns.

No mercy: My least favourite one. It irritates me. At least, the second half. The "appartments" and "subway" levels are ok, and the sewage system is doable. But the fun just wears off in the hospital map. It's too long. The rooftop finale really annoyed me. Heck, I suppose it's a matter of applying the right tactiques :p so I'm not totally discriminating against it :p The skyline was incredibly nice, though. Finally a convincing city view with actual depth.

Death toll: I'm not a fan of the first and second map. Especially the turnpike. The fun kicks in with the church map. I really enjoyed playing that one. And it's hilarious finale.
The town and boat house maps are equally "great", but I've enjoyed completing them.
Overall a better campaign than "no mercy". Imho.

Dead air: My favourite campaign :) The least enjoyable map was "the construction site". Just didn't do it for me. The other levels worked like a charm. Nice flow. Especially the "terminal" map. And the finale ? The first one I really loved playing.

Blood harvest: Despite the constant treat of open spaces, and fat boomers hiding behind every tree ;) blood harvest ended up being my second favourite campaign. First time we managed killing tanks without getting hit. It takes a little time to learn the right moves/make the correct decisions. But it's fun learning.

The AI did an overall satisfying job. Both helpers and infected. Those special infected were a real pita at first ;p Now I managed learning the hunter's tricks, and my most desired target is the boomer. Welll...most of the times I manage shooting him from the right distance ;p (It's that old "deatmatch" instinct I need to get rid off)

Good game.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
When they will release it in Europe? ****
I really can't wait to play as Hakumen. Dude can dish out 100% Health combos if used correctly, which I'm planning to do.

...and that's why those crappy anime fighter spam fest games fail. That's the one thing that was wrong about dub's dumbing down games thread, it was obviously inspired by his love for this game when it's probably less skillful than SF4. :lol:

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Red Faction Guerrilla: Haven't yet beaten it but with the multiplayer i'd give it a 8 on 10. Destroying buildings and the backpacks is sooo much fun.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
...and that's why those crappy anime fighter spam fest games fail.

It's spammy because most of the players use retarded way to spam certain attacks.
And as for that, I'm going to use a low tier character that's 100% substance and 0% rush/spamming. I'm safe at least.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
was playing some COD3 (on original Xbox) a bit earlier.
I think it's Treyarch's best attempt at a COD game.

A bit by the books, but it's super polished and fun to play, with good graphics even.
The length is pretty good too.

I can't really think of one bad thing to say about it.
It's hard to live up to Infinity Wards original Call of Duty (PC), but even that had some annoying moments with your squadmates, which this game didn't remedy.
Plus Infinity Ward haven't improved on their perfect formula of the original, so...

I don't not recommend it.
(as far as original Xbox COD games go it's the best one. It might be the best WWII game on the system too, though I like those BIA games and there might be a good MOH game in there... European Assault? yeah that was okay but the AI was poop)

I'm about WW two'ed out, man.
After Call of Duty on the PC, I think the war was won.
________
Class action lawsuit

Last edited: